IFC has picked up a second season of original series Comedy Bang! Bang!, hosted by comedian-writer and podcast host Scott Aukerman (Between Two Ferns With Zach Galifianakis). The network has ordered 20 episodes, double the first season’s order, to air in 10-episode arcs on IFC. The first 10 episodes will debut in third-quarter 2013, with the remaining 10 slated to air in fourth quarter. Production is currently underway in Los Angeles. Comedy Bang! Bang! riffs on the late-night talk show format with improv elements and Reggie Watts (Conan) as music cohort. Season 1 featured a rotating lineup of known comedians and actors including Amy Poehler and Galifianakis. “Comedy Bang! Bang! perfectly embodies the type of sharp, smart comedy space IFC inhabits,” said Debbie DeMontreux, IFC’s SVP Original Programming. Comedy Bang! Bang! is produced by Abso Lutely Prods; Aukerman and Dave Kneebone serve as executive producers.
IFC’s ‘Comedy Bang! Bang!’ Renewed For Second Season
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- USA Network Renews 'Satisfaction', Cancels 'Rush'
- TV Land Picks Up 'Impastor' & 'Teachers' To Series
- 'Utopia' Moves To Friday, Replaced By 'MasterChef Junior' On Tuesday
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS