IFC has picked up a second season of original series Comedy Bang! Bang!, hosted by comedian-writer and podcast host Scott Aukerman (Between Two Ferns With Zach Galifianakis). The network has ordered 20 episodes, double the first season’s order, to air in 10-episode arcs on IFC. The first 10 episodes will debut in third-quarter 2013, with the remaining 10 slated to air in fourth quarter. Production is currently underway in Los Angeles. Comedy Bang! Bang! riffs on the late-night talk show format with improv elements and Reggie Watts (Conan) as music cohort. Season 1 featured a rotating lineup of known comedians and actors including Amy Poehler and Galifianakis. “Comedy Bang! Bang! perfectly embodies the type of sharp, smart comedy space IFC inhabits,” said Debbie DeMontreux, IFC’s SVP Original Programming. Comedy Bang! Bang! is produced by Abso Lutely Prods; Aukerman and Dave Kneebone serve as executive producers.
IFC’s ‘Comedy Bang! Bang!’ Renewed For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Fortune Feimster Comedy From Tina Fey, ‘Uncle Buck’ Reboot Get ABC Pilot Orders
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host J.K. Simmons
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'