IFC has picked up a second season of original series Comedy Bang! Bang!, hosted by comedian-writer and podcast host Scott Aukerman (Between Two Ferns With Zach Galifianakis). The network has ordered 20 episodes, double the first season’s order, to air in 10-episode arcs on IFC. The first 10 episodes will debut in third-quarter 2013, with the remaining 10 slated to air in fourth quarter. Production is currently underway in Los Angeles. Comedy Bang! Bang! riffs on the late-night talk show format with improv elements and Reggie Watts (Conan) as music cohort. Season 1 featured a rotating lineup of known comedians and actors including Amy Poehler and Galifianakis. “Comedy Bang! Bang! perfectly embodies the type of sharp, smart comedy space IFC inhabits,” said Debbie DeMontreux, IFC’s SVP Original Programming. Comedy Bang! Bang! is produced by Abso Lutely Prods; Aukerman and Dave Kneebone serve as executive producers.
IFC’s ‘Comedy Bang! Bang!’ Renewed For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate