American Idol‘s microphone will be making its way across the country in a 5,000-mile trek to Los Angeles, arriving just in time for the Top 10 live performance show on Wednesday, March 13 on Fox. Sponsored by Ford, Coca-Cola and AT&T, the mic will begin its nationwide tour on Friday March 1 in New York City with a send-off by host Ryan Seacrest. Relay team members will walk, run, bike, row, drive, skateboard and use other forms of transportation to move the mic from state to state. One team member will win tickets to the Idol finale. From NY, the mic moves on to Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Nashville, Detroit, Chicago, Oklahoma City, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Phoenix and Las Vegas before reaching its final destination on the American Idol stage in Los Angeles on March 13.
‘Idol Across America’ Mic Journey Kicks Off March 1 In NYC
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′
- Michael Che Gets 'Daily Show' Farewell En Route to 'SNL's Weekend Update: Video