American Idol‘s microphone will be making its way across the country in a 5,000-mile trek to Los Angeles, arriving just in time for the Top 10 live performance show on Wednesday, March 13 on Fox. Sponsored by Ford, Coca-Cola and AT&T, the mic will begin its nationwide tour on Friday March 1 in New York City with a send-off by host Ryan Seacrest. Relay team members will walk, run, bike, row, drive, skateboard and use other forms of transportation to move the mic from state to state. One team member will win tickets to the Idol finale. From NY, the mic moves on to Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Nashville, Detroit, Chicago, Oklahoma City, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Phoenix and Las Vegas before reaching its final destination on the American Idol stage in Los Angeles on March 13.
‘Idol Across America’ Mic Journey Kicks Off March 1 In NYC
Trending Now on Deadline
Global Showbiz Briefs: 'Top Gear' Hosts Attacked In Argentina Over License Plate; Samantha Glynne Named VP Branded Entertainment At FremantleMedia; More
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories