American Idol‘s microphone will be making its way across the country in a 5,000-mile trek to Los Angeles, arriving just in time for the Top 10 live performance show on Wednesday, March 13 on Fox. Sponsored by Ford, Coca-Cola and AT&T, the mic will begin its nationwide tour on Friday March 1 in New York City with a send-off by host Ryan Seacrest. Relay team members will walk, run, bike, row, drive, skateboard and use other forms of transportation to move the mic from state to state. One team member will win tickets to the Idol finale. From NY, the mic moves on to Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Nashville, Detroit, Chicago, Oklahoma City, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Phoenix and Las Vegas before reaching its final destination on the American Idol stage in Los Angeles on March 13.
‘Idol Across America’ Mic Journey Kicks Off March 1 In NYC
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars TV Review: Stellar Show Spoiled By Best Picture Fiasco
- Kimmel Tweets To Donald Trump During Oscars
- Jimmy Kimmel Taunts Donald Trump In Political Oscars Opening Monologue – Watch
- Last Week Not In Sweden: Bill O’Reilly To Address Nils Bildt Mystery; Twitter Doesn’t Wait
- Joseph Wapner Dies: ‘People’s Court’ Judge Was 97