American Idol‘s microphone will be making its way across the country in a 5,000-mile trek to Los Angeles, arriving just in time for the Top 10 live performance show on Wednesday, March 13 on Fox. Sponsored by Ford, Coca-Cola and AT&T, the mic will begin its nationwide tour on Friday March 1 in New York City with a send-off by host Ryan Seacrest. Relay team members will walk, run, bike, row, drive, skateboard and use other forms of transportation to move the mic from state to state. One team member will win tickets to the Idol finale. From NY, the mic moves on to Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Nashville, Detroit, Chicago, Oklahoma City, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Phoenix and Las Vegas before reaching its final destination on the American Idol stage in Los Angeles on March 13.
‘Idol Across America’ Mic Journey Kicks Off March 1 In NYC
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Man In The High Castle’ Reveals Season 2 Key Art & Who The Future Belongs To
- SyFy Sets Date For First-Ever All-Star Edition Of ‘Face Off’
- MTV President Sean Atkins Steps Down
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener