Distributor Sony will release the concert documentary film chronicling the lives of the English-Irish teen idols on August 30, aiming for a hit on the level of Paramount’s Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. Bieber’s pic took in $98 million in 2011, but similar vanity docs by the Jonas Brothers and Katy Perry flopped. One Direction spread word of the teaser trailer debut to their 9.8 million Twitter followers yesterday. Less than 24 hours later the 1D3D sneak peek has racked up 2.7 million views on YouTube, a sizable display of fan interest for the pop fluff docu. Super Size Me Oscar nominee Morgan Spurlock directed and produced the pic. Watch the trailer:
Hot Teaser Trailer: One Direction’s ‘1D3D’
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Yamato
- Jeremy Sisto & More Join 'Love Is All You Need,' Kea Ho Gets 'Urge'
- IFC Nabs Al Pacino Drama 'Manglehorn'
- Michaela Conlin Joins Kate Beckinsale In 'The Disappointments Room'
- 'Game Of Thrones' Natalie Dormer Heads To 'The Forest'
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set