Distributor Sony will release the concert documentary film chronicling the lives of the English-Irish teen idols on August 30, aiming for a hit on the level of Paramount’s Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. Bieber’s pic took in $98 million in 2011, but similar vanity docs by the Jonas Brothers and Katy Perry flopped. One Direction spread word of the teaser trailer debut to their 9.8 million Twitter followers yesterday. Less than 24 hours later the 1D3D sneak peek has racked up 2.7 million views on YouTube, a sizable display of fan interest for the pop fluff docu. Super Size Me Oscar nominee Morgan Spurlock directed and produced the pic. Watch the trailer:
Hot Teaser Trailer: One Direction’s ‘1D3D’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Yamato
- Peter Facinelli's A7SLE Films Hires 'Cropsey' Scribe
- The Orchard Acquires Survival Thriller 'Preservation'
- Robert Simonds' New Studio Taps Kevin Grayson To Head Domestic Distribution
- 'Step Up's Ryan Guzman Joins Richard Linklater Baseball Pic
- Gerald McRaney Joins D.J. Caruso-Helmed 'The Disappointments Room'
- Rose McGowan Eyes Oscar With Short Film 'Dawn'