Distributor Sony will release the concert documentary film chronicling the lives of the English-Irish teen idols on August 30, aiming for a hit on the level of Paramount’s Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. Bieber’s pic took in $98 million in 2011, but similar vanity docs by the Jonas Brothers and Katy Perry flopped. One Direction spread word of the teaser trailer debut to their 9.8 million Twitter followers yesterday. Less than 24 hours later the 1D3D sneak peek has racked up 2.7 million views on YouTube, a sizable display of fan interest for the pop fluff docu. Super Size Me Oscar nominee Morgan Spurlock directed and produced the pic. Watch the trailer:
Hot Teaser Trailer: One Direction’s ‘1D3D’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- UTA Independent Film Group Adds Memento Films' Nick Shumaker
- 'Interstellar' Trailer: Matthew McConaughey Will Save Us All
- Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' To Open Two Days Early In 35mm, 70mm
- Jai Courtney Joins Dito Montiel's 'Man Down'
- 'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
- Jesse Metcalfe, More Set For Zombie Vidgame Flick 'Dead Rising'