Distributor Sony will release the concert documentary film chronicling the lives of the English-Irish teen idols on August 30, aiming for a hit on the level of Paramount’s Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. Bieber’s pic took in $98 million in 2011, but similar vanity docs by the Jonas Brothers and Katy Perry flopped. One Direction spread word of the teaser trailer debut to their 9.8 million Twitter followers yesterday. Less than 24 hours later the 1D3D sneak peek has racked up 2.7 million views on YouTube, a sizable display of fan interest for the pop fluff docu. Super Size Me Oscar nominee Morgan Spurlock directed and produced the pic. Watch the trailer:
Hot Teaser Trailer: One Direction’s ‘1D3D’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Zoe Cassavetes Ponders Plight Of The L.A. Actress In 'Day Out Of Days'
- Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children' Pacts With Secret-Spiller Whisper
- Cara Delevingne Circling Beach Boys Musical 'All Summer Long'
- Hot Trailer: 'Open Windows'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy's Michael Rooker Rejoins Jazz Biopic 'Bolden'
- Giovanni Ribisi, Juno Temple & More Join 'Meadowland'