Homeland alum David Harewood is reuniting with the Showtime series’ executive producers Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa and Alex Cary. Harewood has become the first actor cast in the CBS drama pilot Anatomy Of Violence, written and executive produced by Gordon, Gansa and Cary and directed by Mark Pellington. Inspired by the non-fiction book The Anatomy Of Violence: The Biological Roots Of Crime by Adrian Raine, the 20th TV-produced drama centers on Raines, a criminal psychologist with an expertise in sociopaths who partners with a young female detective with whom he shares a conflicted past. Harewood will play Alejo, Special Agent in Charge, celebrated profiler and Raines’ boss and friend. Harewood, repped by APA, Conway Van Gelder Grant and Authentic, just finished a two-season stint on Emmy-winning Homeland as CIA bigwig David Estes. He most recently filmed a supporting role in Paul Haggis’ The Third Person and is attached to play the title role in a Darrell Roodt-directed indie about singer/actor Paul Robeson.
‘Homeland’s David Harewood Cast In CBS Pilot ‘Anatomy Of Violence’
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- MTV President Sean Atkins Steps Down
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?