NBCUniversal’s Hilary Smith has been appointed SVP Communications for USA Network. She succeeds Jean Guerin, who has been named SVP of Corporate Communications for the newly formed NBCUniversal Entertainment Cable Group under chairman Bonnie Hammer, reporting to Cory Shields, EVP of Communications for the group. In her new role, Smith will oversee strategic communications for USA, reporting to USA co-presidents Chris McCumber and Jeff Wachtel. Most recently, Smith, a 14-year NBCU veteran, oversaw communications for the NBCUniversal Entertainment & Digital Networks and Integrated Media group run by Lauren Zalaznick, which included Telemundo, mun2, Bravo Media, Oxygen Media, Style Media, Sprout, DailyCandy, Fandango, iVillage and Television Without Pity. Guerin has headed PR for USA since the 2004 NBC-Universal merger, a period of ratings growth for the cable network. She oversaw the launch campaigns for such series as White Collar, Covert Affairs and Suits and most recently shepherded the awards campaign for Political Animals.
Hilary Smith To Head Communications For USA, Jean Guerin Named Group SVP
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'