NBCUniversal’s Hilary Smith has been appointed SVP Communications for USA Network. She succeeds Jean Guerin, who has been named SVP of Corporate Communications for the newly formed NBCUniversal Entertainment Cable Group under chairman Bonnie Hammer, reporting to Cory Shields, EVP of Communications for the group. In her new role, Smith will oversee strategic communications for USA, reporting to USA co-presidents Chris McCumber and Jeff Wachtel. Most recently, Smith, a 14-year NBCU veteran, oversaw communications for the NBCUniversal Entertainment & Digital Networks and Integrated Media group run by Lauren Zalaznick, which included Telemundo, mun2, Bravo Media, Oxygen Media, Style Media, Sprout, DailyCandy, Fandango, iVillage and Television Without Pity. Guerin has headed PR for USA since the 2004 NBC-Universal merger, a period of ratings growth for the cable network. She oversaw the launch campaigns for such series as White Collar, Covert Affairs and Suits and most recently shepherded the awards campaign for Political Animals.
Hilary Smith To Head Communications For USA, Jean Guerin Named Group SVP
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings