UPDATED: Surely CBS didn’t really think celebs were going to obey its strict Standards & Practices memo tonight. Besides banning breasts and buttucks and genitals on the Grammy telecast as first reported by Deadline’s Nikki Finke, it forbade obscenity on wardrobe. So Deadmau5 showed up on the Grammys Red Carpet making a slight wardrobe edit. Joel Zimmerman arrived with a hat reading “Your Shit Bums Me Out”. But within minutes he covered the ‘S’ with tape so it read only “Your Hit Bums Me Out”. Deadmau5 told E!: “It was kind of forced.” “By me,” said his fiancée Kat Von D. That CBS memo also forbade “bare fleshy under curves of the buttocks”, “bare sides or under curvature of the breasts”, or exposed “puffy bare skin” around genitals. But on the Red Carpet tonight, Rihanna ignored the wardrobe restrictions with a nipple-revealing sheer dress. Katy Perry showed lotsa cleavage. And Jennifer Lopez bared her right leg all the way to the start of her crotch. “They didn’t say anything about leg!” she told E!’s Ryan Seacrest on the Red Carpet. “Did you read this memo?! It mentioned things that I don’t say around my house or my children. It’s crazy.” Other offenders on the Grammy Red Carpet included singers D’Manti and Kelly Rowland who defied the ban in barely-there dresses. Kimbra wore an unusual sheer outfit. Ashanti’s underwear was visible in her dress. And Skylar Grey flashed some serious side boob. Now which CBS exec is supposed to keep them off the air? Any volunteers?
Guess Who Defied CBS Nudity & Obscenity Memo At Tonight’s Grammys: Rihanna, Katy Perry, Jennifer Lopez, Deadmau5, D’Manti, Kelly Rowland, Kimbra, Ashanti, Skylar Grey
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Awardsline News
- PHOTOS: Gordon Ramsay Hosts Exquisite “For Your Children” Event In Support Of ‘MasterChef Junior’
- Emmy Predictions: Actress In A Drama Series
- Emmy Predictions: Actor In A Drama Series
- ADG Awards: Art Directors Guild Draws Up New Category For Animated Feature Production Design
- Nicole Kidman On ‘Big Little Lies’, Kubrick And Taking Chances: “I Don't Approach Things From That Safe Place”…
- Gordon Ramsay Discusses Process Of Identifying And Elevating Young Talent On 'MasterChef Junior'