Just four weeks into its first season, FX’s Cold War drama The Americans has been picked up for a Season 2 with a 13-episode order. “The Americans has quickly established itself as a key part FX’s acclaimed drama line-up,” FX president John Landgraf said in a statement. Debuting on January 30, The Americans stars Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell as two sleeper KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. in the early Eighties. The show premiered strong with 3.22 million viewers, bettering debuts by fellow FX series Sons of Anarchy and American Horror Story. Ratings for the second week initially saw a steep decline but Live +3 data brought the show’s viewership up to 3.11 million viewers. Former CIA agent and Falling Skies scribe Joe Weisberg created the series and exec produces with Joel Fields, Graham Yost and Amblin TV’s Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank for Fox TV Studios and FX Prods. The first season finale airs May 1.
FX Renews ‘The Americans’ For 2nd Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- Samira Wiley Joins Hulu’s ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’
- ‘I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead’: Netflix Spins Trailer & Date For Docu On DJ Steve Aoki
- Ron Howard Docuseries ‘Breakthrough’ Renewed For Season 2 By Nat Geo Channel
- Alicia Silverstone To Star In ‘American Woman’ TV Land Pilot Inspired By Kyle Richards
- 20th TV Ups Ken Lawson To SVP & General Sales Manager For Broadcast Syndie Sales
- ‘American Crime’: Timothy Hutton Set To Return For Season 3