EXCLUSIVE: Tony Optican is leaving FremantleMedia North America after a four-year stint as head of the company’s scripted programming division. I hear his contract was up and was not renewed. FMNA is already looking for a replacement for Optican as well as for VP scripted development Holly Hines who just left to head scripted development and production for Participant Media’s new cable network. Under Optican, FMNA landed one series on the air, TBS’ dramedy Wedding Band, which was recently cancelled after one season. FMNA gets a co-producer credit on the CW/Warner Bros. TV pilot The Tomorrow People as the original format is part of its catalog. Mining that catalog for scripted US series will likely be among the priorities for Optican’s successor. Before joining FMNA, Optican was SVP of original programming at Sci Fi Channel and VP of current programming at Fox.
FremantleMedia North America’s Head Of Scripted Tony Optican Exits
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'