Fox’s 2004 extreme makeover reality series The Swan is coming back in a celebrity version. The network has greenlighted Celebrity Swan, a two-hour special to air later this year. I hear FremantleMedia and producer Arthur Smith, who were behind the original plastic surgery series, will be back for the special, which will feature female celebrities looking to reinvent themselves for a comeback. They will undergo a physical, psychological and career “extreme makeover” with the help of a coach, therapist, trainer, cosmetic surgeons and a dentist as cameras follow them through the transformative process. Casting is currently underway through The Conlin Co. and no celebrities have been set, though I’ve heard the names of former White House intern Monica Lewinsky and Happy Days alumna Erin Moran as possibilities. Production is slated to begin this spring. The Swan was created by Nely Galán, and her company Galan Entertainment will be producer on the celebrity special. Each episode of the original series featured two “ugly ducklings” women, one of whom moved on to compete in the Swan pageant at the end of the season for a chance to be crowned The Swan. After a solid start, ratings for The Swan dropped, leading to its cancellation after two seasons.
Fox Resurrects Plastic Surgery Makeover Series ‘The Swan’ With Celebrity Special
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'