Fox’s 2004 extreme makeover reality series The Swan is coming back in a celebrity version. The network has greenlighted Celebrity Swan, a two-hour special to air later this year. I hear FremantleMedia and producer Arthur Smith, who were behind the original plastic surgery series, will be back for the special, which will feature female celebrities looking to reinvent themselves for a comeback. They will undergo a physical, psychological and career “extreme makeover” with the help of a coach, therapist, trainer, cosmetic surgeons and a dentist as cameras follow them through the transformative process. Casting is currently underway through The Conlin Co. and no celebrities have been set, though I’ve heard the names of former White House intern Monica Lewinsky and Happy Days alumna Erin Moran as possibilities. Production is slated to begin this spring. The Swan was created by Nely Galán, and her company Galan Entertainment will be producer on the celebrity special. Each episode of the original series featured two “ugly ducklings” women, one of whom moved on to compete in the Swan pageant at the end of the season for a chance to be crowned The Swan. After a solid start, ratings for The Swan dropped, leading to its cancellation after two seasons.
Fox Resurrects Plastic Surgery Makeover Series ‘The Swan’ With Celebrity Special
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast