Fox’s 2004 extreme makeover reality series The Swan is coming back in a celebrity version. The network has greenlighted Celebrity Swan, a two-hour special to air later this year. I hear FremantleMedia and producer Arthur Smith, who were behind the original plastic surgery series, will be back for the special, which will feature female celebrities looking to reinvent themselves for a comeback. They will undergo a physical, psychological and career “extreme makeover” with the help of a coach, therapist, trainer, cosmetic surgeons and a dentist as cameras follow them through the transformative process. Casting is currently underway through The Conlin Co. and no celebrities have been set, though I’ve heard the names of former White House intern Monica Lewinsky and Happy Days alumna Erin Moran as possibilities. Production is slated to begin this spring. The Swan was created by Nely Galán, and her company Galan Entertainment will be producer on the celebrity special. Each episode of the original series featured two “ugly ducklings” women, one of whom moved on to compete in the Swan pageant at the end of the season for a chance to be crowned The Swan. After a solid start, ratings for The Swan dropped, leading to its cancellation after two seasons.
Fox Resurrects Plastic Surgery Makeover Series ‘The Swan’ With Celebrity Special
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era