Fox News Channel has added Herman Cain as a contributor. The former National Restaurant Association CEO, who ran for the GOP presidential nomination in 2012, will join other recent additions to the cable news network like former senator Scott Brown and former congressman Dennis Kucinich. “Cain’s impressive resume makes him a valuable addition to the Fox News and Fox Business lineup. As a political expert with business savvy, he brings an important voice to the nation’s debates,” said FNC’s EVP Programming Bill Shine in a statement today. Since dropping out in his bid for the Republican nomination last year, Cain has made frequent appearances on Comedy Central’s The Daily Show With Jon Stewart as a mock president detailing his decision-making process.
Fox News Hires Herman Cain
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- MPAA Plans Runaway Production Summit In D.C.
- Warner Bros Could Be Haunted By New 'Conjuring' Producer Lawsuit
- UPDATE: RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Under The Dome', 'Mistresses' Finale & 'Running Wild' Down On Holiday, 'MasterChef' & 'ANW' Steady
- RATINGS RAT RACE: MDA Telethon Even, 'Big Brother' Down & 'Reckless' Surges As CBS Wins Night
- UPDATED: MPAA Weighs In; Action! California Senate Overwhelmingly Passes $330M Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion
- ICM Partners Trying To Head Off Interns' Class Action Lawsuit