FilmLA said today that it has brought on board a former Cox Communications executive and Hermosa Beach mayor to lead its advocacy and government relations efforts. Art Yoon joins LA’s location permitting nonprofit in the newly created post of EVP. Previously, he was Cox’s director of public affairs. “Art impressed us during a rigorous application process involving an applicant pool of more than 150. I am excited about adding Art to our team and know that his experiences and service-oriented nature will make him a valued member of the Los Angeles film community,” FilmLA President Paul Audley said in a statement. In its regular reports on the state of the industry in LA County, FilmLA has long argued for new and improved government incentives and programs to keep and attract filming in the region.
FilmLA Hires Former Cox Exec To Spearhead Lobbying Efforts
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Gerard Butler Reteams With Millennium Films For Threequel ‘Angel Has Fallen’
- Eva Longoria, Jeremy Piven & Jessica Szohr Star In Jamie Foxx’s Directorial Debut Pic
- Hollywood Research Firm MarketCast Sold To Kohlberg & Co.
- Marvel’s Annie Chang Joins Academy’s Tech Council
- Lin Oeding To Direct ‘Office Uprising’ Starring Brenton Thwaites – AFM
- Andrew Cripps Joining Fox As President Of International Theatrical Distribution