FilmLA said today that it has brought on board a former Cox Communications executive and Hermosa Beach mayor to lead its advocacy and government relations efforts. Art Yoon joins LA’s location permitting nonprofit in the newly created post of EVP. Previously, he was Cox’s director of public affairs. “Art impressed us during a rigorous application process involving an applicant pool of more than 150. I am excited about adding Art to our team and know that his experiences and service-oriented nature will make him a valued member of the Los Angeles film community,” FilmLA President Paul Audley said in a statement. In its regular reports on the state of the industry in LA County, FilmLA has long argued for new and improved government incentives and programs to keep and attract filming in the region.
FilmLA Hires Former Cox Exec To Spearhead Lobbying Efforts
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Chris Hemsworth & Michael Shannon Saddle Up For Black Label Media’s ‘Horse Soldiers’
- Oscars & The New York Film Festival: How Will The Big Apple Event Affect The Race?
- Ralph Macchio Pic ‘Lost Cat Corona’ Acquired By Virgil Films; Cinelicious Pics Nabs ‘Dark Night’
- Paulo Coelho’s ‘The Alchemist’ Movie To Be Made By TriStar & PalmStar
- Ioan Gruffudd Joins Mel Gibson & Sean Penn For ‘The Professor And The Madman’
- Shirley Jones And Robert Wagner Join ‘Together’ With Paul Duddridge At Helm