Busy up-and-comer Alicia Vikander is becoming quite the globetrotter. The Swedish actress who rose to prominence with the Oscar-nominated Danish film A Royal Affair, then shot Anna Karenina in England, The Seventh Son in the U.S. and has a role in The Fifth Estate which just kicked off in Germany, will head to Oz to star with Ewan McGregor in crime thriller Son Of A Gun later this month. Also boarding the Australian production are Brenton Thwaites (Maleficent) and Jacek Koman (The Great Gatsby, Top Of The Lake). Julius Avery, an award-winner for his short Jerrycan, is directing the story of the complex relationship between McGregor’s public enemy number one character and his young protégé, played by Thwaites. Altitude Film Sales is handling international rights and UTA Independent Film Group represents the producers for North American rights. Timothy White is producing through Southern Light Films and Janelle Landers of WBMC is co-producing. Aaron L. Gilbert of Media House Capital is executive producer, along with John Collee, Bryce Menzies, Michael Spiccia and Aidan O’Bryan. The film will be released in Oz and New Zealand through Hopscotch Entertainment One.
Ewan McGregor Crime Thriller Adds Alicia Vikander, Brenton Thwaites, Jacek Koman
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Update: Aamir Khan's 'PK' Is Biggest Ever Bollywood Bow In North America (Video)
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Happy New Year' Released Direct To Fans Online
- ITV Invests In Ex-Maker CEO's Zealot Networks
- George Clooney, Jeremy Piven, Strip Poker & More In 'Downton' Charity Spoof (Video)
- Berlin Film Festival Ties On 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' International Premiere
- China Says It's Against Cyberterrorism; Stays Mum On North Korea, Helping U.S.