EXCLUSIVE: Ethan Hawke, hot off his latest pic Before Midnight which sold to Sony Pictures Classics at Sundance, has inked with The Schiff Company. He adds the management firm to his longtime agent team at CAA and lawyer George Sheanshang. Hawke, an actor-screenwriter-director who also works on the stage, was last seen on the big screen in October in the Summit horror film Sinister, and he next stars in the The Purge for Universal which bows May 31. Sony Classics plans a May 24 platform release for Before Midnight, the third installment of the Richard Linklater-directed series starring Hawke and July Delpy. The latest attracted seven buyers after it premiered in Park City to rave reviews last month and the final price tag was well into seven figures — one of the big deals of the festival.
Ethan Hawke Signs With The Schiff Company
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First