The English Teacher stars Julianne Moore, Nathan Lane, Greg Kinnear, Lily Collins and Michael Angarano and will be released this spring as part of a double-team rights deal between Cinedigm Entertainment Group and Tribeca Film. As part of the pact, an ultra-VOD and digital window will be followed by a theatrical run, DVD and TV in the U.S. Moore stars in the comedy as a beloved English teacher whose repressed personal life exists in stark contrast to the passion she brings to the classroom. Her routine is upended when a former star pupil returns to her small town after failing miserably as a playwright. Craig Zisk (Nurse Jackie, Weeds) made his directorial debut on the pic, which was co-written by Dan and Stacy Chariton. Matthew E. Chausse, Naomi Despres, Ben LeClair and Robert Salerno produced. Vincent Scordino, VP Acquisitions, Theatrical, for Cinedigm negotiated the deal with Tribeca Film Director of Acquisitions Nick Savva.
Cinedigm & Tribeca Team To Acquire ‘The English Teacher’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Trump-Linked Cambridge Analytica Stole Data From 50M Facebook Users And "Targeted Their Inner Demons:" Reports
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings