The English Teacher stars Julianne Moore, Nathan Lane, Greg Kinnear, Lily Collins and Michael Angarano and will be released this spring as part of a double-team rights deal between Cinedigm Entertainment Group and Tribeca Film. As part of the pact, an ultra-VOD and digital window will be followed by a theatrical run, DVD and TV in the U.S. Moore stars in the comedy as a beloved English teacher whose repressed personal life exists in stark contrast to the passion she brings to the classroom. Her routine is upended when a former star pupil returns to her small town after failing miserably as a playwright. Craig Zisk (Nurse Jackie, Weeds) made his directorial debut on the pic, which was co-written by Dan and Stacy Chariton. Matthew E. Chausse, Naomi Despres, Ben LeClair and Robert Salerno produced. Vincent Scordino, VP Acquisitions, Theatrical, for Cinedigm negotiated the deal with Tribeca Film Director of Acquisitions Nick Savva.
Cinedigm & Tribeca Team To Acquire ‘The English Teacher’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
More From Team
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'