The English Teacher stars Julianne Moore, Nathan Lane, Greg Kinnear, Lily Collins and Michael Angarano and will be released this spring as part of a double-team rights deal between Cinedigm Entertainment Group and Tribeca Film. As part of the pact, an ultra-VOD and digital window will be followed by a theatrical run, DVD and TV in the U.S. Moore stars in the comedy as a beloved English teacher whose repressed personal life exists in stark contrast to the passion she brings to the classroom. Her routine is upended when a former star pupil returns to her small town after failing miserably as a playwright. Craig Zisk (Nurse Jackie, Weeds) made his directorial debut on the pic, which was co-written by Dan and Stacy Chariton. Matthew E. Chausse, Naomi Despres, Ben LeClair and Robert Salerno produced. Vincent Scordino, VP Acquisitions, Theatrical, for Cinedigm negotiated the deal with Tribeca Film Director of Acquisitions Nick Savva.
Cinedigm & Tribeca Team To Acquire ‘The English Teacher’
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’: 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
- ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Super Bowl Trailer: Blue People Attack Each Other
- ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ Super Bowl Trailer
- ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2’ Super Bowl Trailer: No Sleep Til Brooklyn
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Super Bowl Teaser: Short, Sweet, Punching
- ‘The Jungle Book’ Super Bowl Spot: Multi-Media In The Rain Forest