Ellie Kemper has closed a deal to play the lead in the NBC single-camera pilot Brenda Forever. In the high-concept project written by Andrew Leeds and David Lampson and produced by Sony TV, stories from Brenda Miller’s (Kemper) past and present are interwoven to give a unique portrait of how a chubby, awkward, but incredibly confident 13-year-old grew up to be a 31-year-old woman who still marches to the beat of her own drum. Kemper, who is close friends with Leeds and Lampson, had been circling the project since it sold as a spec last week. She has been among the most sought-after comedy actresses this pilot season. David Wain (Role Models, Wonderlust) is directing the pilot, executive produced by Lampson, Leeds, Matt Tarses and Fedora Entertainment’s Peter Tolan and Michael Wimer. Kemper is with WME and Mosaic.
Ellie Kemper Set To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Brenda Forever’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Sony Pictures Classics Lands Watergate Scandal Film 'The Silent Man'; Liam Neeson As 'Deep Throat' Mark Felt
'The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride Afloat
Latest TV News
- Brent Montgomery & Bruce David Klein Among Backers Of Queens MediaWorks Non-Fiction Production Complex
- NBC’s ‘Bye Bye Birdie’ Live Musical Moved To 2018
- Robert Zemeckis-Produced UFO Drama ‘Blue Book’ Gets Series Order By History
- ‘Veep’ & ‘Silicon Valley’ Renewed By HBO
- ‘Suits’ Creator Aaron Korsh Inks New Overall Deal With Universal Cable Prods.
- Ed Helms To Topline ‘The Fake News with Ted Nelms’ Special For Comedy Central