EXCLUSIVE: Edwin Hodge (Red Dawn) has become the first series regular cast in CBS’ NCIS: LA spinoff project. The project, from NCIS: LA executive producer/showrunner Shane Brennan, is a back-door pilot will air as an episode of NCIS: LA later this season titled Red. It follows a mobile team of agents who are forced to live and work together as they crisscross the country solving crimes. Hodge, repped by Pakula/King & Assoc. and The Priluck Co., will play Kai Ashe, the incredibly bright, witty and likable technical assistant, an all-round tech savvy computer guy and expert on everything. Hodge’s casting in the NCIS: LA spinoff comes on the heels of him guest starring in an episode of the mothership NCIS series this past fall. He was a regular on the WB’s Jack & Bobby and has recurred on Cougar Town as Busy Phillips’ love interest.
Edwin Hodge Cast In ‘NCIS: LA’ Spinoff
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive