American Horror Story and The Practice alum Dylan McDermott is set as the male lead opposite Toni Collette in Hostages, CBS‘ drama pilot from writer-director Jeffrey Nachmanoff, Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Warner Bros TV. Based on an Israeli format, the project centers on Ellen (Collette), a successful surgeon living in Washington, D.C. who is selected to operate on the President of the United States. She is thrust into the middle of a political conspiracy when her family is taken hostage, and it is up to her to save the lives of her husband and children. McDermott will play Duncan, a righteous FBI agent who is at the center of a political conspiracy involving the President but whose role will come as a surprise. On the feature side, McDermott, repped by CAA and the Schiff Co, was recently in The Perks Of Being A Wallflower and will next be seen in Olympus Has Fallen.
Dylan McDermott To Star In CBS’ Drama Pilot ‘Hostages’ From Jerry Bruckheimer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'