EXCLUSIVE: Entertainment Universe closed a deal with Film Star Partners II for P&A funds and has set a 25-city September 6 release for Snake & Mongoo$e, a drama about the rivalry and friendship between Don “The Snake” Prudhomme (Jesse Williams) and Tom “The Mongoo$e” McEwen (Richard Blake) in the world of drag racing. Their unusual rivalry relationship drew a major sponsorship by Mattel’s Hot Wheels division. Wayne Holloway directed and CAA is shopping the film to distributors, which should be easier with the P&A accounted for. The release comes just after the National Hot Rod Association’s U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis on Labor Day weekend. Robin Broidy, and Stephen Nemeth produce. Here’s a trailer for the film.
Drag Race Pic ‘Snake & Mongoo$e’ Sets September 6 Release
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Fleming Jr
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'
- Electric Entertainment To Co-Fi Anthony Hopkins Pic 'Go With Me'
- Jacki Weaver Joins James Franco's 'Zeroville'
- Martin Scorsese & Amir Bar-Lev Truckin' On Grateful Dead Documentary Film
- TWC Acquires April Prosser Script 'Plus One'