EXCLUSIVE: Entertainment Universe closed a deal with Film Star Partners II for P&A funds and has set a 25-city September 6 release for Snake & Mongoo$e, a drama about the rivalry and friendship between Don “The Snake” Prudhomme (Jesse Williams) and Tom “The Mongoo$e” McEwen (Richard Blake) in the world of drag racing. Their unusual rivalry relationship drew a major sponsorship by Mattel’s Hot Wheels division. Wayne Holloway directed and CAA is shopping the film to distributors, which should be easier with the P&A accounted for. The release comes just after the National Hot Rod Association’s U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis on Labor Day weekend. Robin Broidy, and Stephen Nemeth produce. Here’s a trailer for the film.
Drag Race Pic ‘Snake & Mongoo$e’ Sets September 6 Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount