EXCLUSIVE: Entertainment Universe closed a deal with Film Star Partners II for P&A funds and has set a 25-city September 6 release for Snake & Mongoo$e, a drama about the rivalry and friendship between Don “The Snake” Prudhomme (Jesse Williams) and Tom “The Mongoo$e” McEwen (Richard Blake) in the world of drag racing. Their unusual rivalry relationship drew a major sponsorship by Mattel’s Hot Wheels division. Wayne Holloway directed and CAA is shopping the film to distributors, which should be easier with the P&A accounted for. The release comes just after the National Hot Rod Association’s U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis on Labor Day weekend. Robin Broidy, and Stephen Nemeth produce. Here’s a trailer for the film.
Drag Race Pic ‘Snake & Mongoo$e’ Sets September 6 Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Participant Media Wins Auction For Rupert Wyatt’s ‘Captive State’
- Emma Stone Hopes ‘La La Land’ Will Inspire Young People To Ditch Cynicism – Venice
- Venice: 'La La Land' Dazzles Lido As Film Festival Kicks Off With A Twirl
- ‘La La Land’ Venice Review: A Gorgeous Musical Romance For This Age – And The Ages
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’