EXCLUSIVE: Entertainment Universe closed a deal with Film Star Partners II for P&A funds and has set a 25-city September 6 release for Snake & Mongoo$e, a drama about the rivalry and friendship between Don “The Snake” Prudhomme (Jesse Williams) and Tom “The Mongoo$e” McEwen (Richard Blake) in the world of drag racing. Their unusual rivalry relationship drew a major sponsorship by Mattel’s Hot Wheels division. Wayne Holloway directed and CAA is shopping the film to distributors, which should be easier with the P&A accounted for. The release comes just after the National Hot Rod Association’s U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis on Labor Day weekend. Robin Broidy, and Stephen Nemeth produce. Here’s a trailer for the film.
Drag Race Pic ‘Snake & Mongoo$e’ Sets September 6 Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
'Battle Creek' Review: Vince Gilligan's Old Script Witty Addition To CBS' Sunday, Says Dominic Patten
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’