The companies use the trendy term “curate” to describe Disney‘s role picking the music videos that will appear on their co-branded destinations. The entertainment giant will run some of VEVO‘s 50,000 music videos on Disney.com, as well as what they call “the family-friendly music video experience” that will cut across VEVO’s online, mobile, and connected TV platforms. They’ll also collaborate on music events and video premieres for Disney’s recording acts. “Music is a key component of the Disney.com offering and deepens the premium family entertainment experience we offer guests online,” Disney Interactive co-president Jimmy Pitaro says. In early May, both companies will participate in the Digital Content NewFronts, where leading online video providers will pitch advertisers to spend heavily on the fast-growing medium.
Disney Teams With VEVO To Introduce Family-Friendly Music Sites
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Business News
- Obamageddon The Final Ride: POTUS In L.A. Tmrw For ‘Kimmel’ & Last Fundraiser
- Rachel Weisz Leads A Chilly ‘Plenty’ Revival At The Public Theater – Review
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…
- AT&T And Time Warner Unveil Merger Terms Calling It A “Perfect Match”
- Report: AT&T Reaches $80B+ Deal To Acquire Time Warner; Announcement Could Come As Early As Tonight
- Donald Trump Would Nix AT&T’s Acquisition Of Time Warner; Says Such Deals “Destroy Democracy”