EXCLUSIVE: Disney Channel has ordered a second season of Dog With A Blog. The first season of the live-action family sitcom told from the family pet’s point of view premiered in October and ranked as the No. 2 TV series of fourth-quater 2012 in kids 2-11 (2.1 million/5.3 rating) and kids 6-11 (1.7 million/7.1 rating). (Dog viewership not available.) The series, created by Michael Kaplan, follows newly adopted dog Stan; step-siblings Tyler (Blake Michael), Avery (G Hannelius), and (Chloe Francesca Capaldi); and their parents Bennett (Regan Burns) and Elle (Beth Littleford) as they adjust to life as a new family. Stan, whose blog is available online, is played by canine Mick and voiced by Stephen Full. In conjunction with Dog With A Blog, Disney Channel has been airing a PSA educating kids on responsible pet adoption and encouraging kindness to animals.
Disney Channel’s ‘Dog With A Blog’ Renewed For Second Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot