EXCLUSIVE: Disney Channel has ordered a second season of Dog With A Blog. The first season of the live-action family sitcom told from the family pet’s point of view premiered in October and ranked as the No. 2 TV series of fourth-quater 2012 in kids 2-11 (2.1 million/5.3 rating) and kids 6-11 (1.7 million/7.1 rating). (Dog viewership not available.) The series, created by Michael Kaplan, follows newly adopted dog Stan; step-siblings Tyler (Blake Michael), Avery (G Hannelius), and (Chloe Francesca Capaldi); and their parents Bennett (Regan Burns) and Elle (Beth Littleford) as they adjust to life as a new family. Stan, whose blog is available online, is played by canine Mick and voiced by Stephen Full. In conjunction with Dog With A Blog, Disney Channel has been airing a PSA educating kids on responsible pet adoption and encouraging kindness to animals.
Disney Channel’s ‘Dog With A Blog’ Renewed For Second Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over