The 2002 documentary Argo: Inside Story explored the operation made famous by Ben Affleck’s Argo to rescue U.S. hostages from post-revolutionary Iran by disguising them as a Canadian film crew. The production featured interviews with several of the people involved, including mastermind Tony Mendez, played by Affleck in the historical feature. Discovery has wiped away the dust, updated it with narration by the film’s co-star Bryan Cranston and will air at 10 PM ET Saturday and at noon Sunday, the same day Argo the movie is up for seven Oscars including best picture.
Discovery Revives 2002 ‘Argo’ Docu For Oscar Weekend
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Latest TV News
- Cécile Frot-Coutaz Exiting As CEO Of FremantleMedia To Head YouTube In Europe
- ‘Supernatural’ EPs & Cast On Potential Season 14 Pick Up & What To Expect In The Remaining Episodes
- Jimmy Kimmel Lacerates Donald Trump For Congratulating Vladimir Putin On Fixed Election Win
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Olivia De Havilland’s Lawyers Make Her Case In ‘Feud’ Appeals Hearing
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid