Directors Guild of America President Taylor Hackford announced today that directors Michael Apted and Thomas Schlamme have been appointed co-chairs of the next DGA Feature Film and Television Negotiations Committee. Documentary and feature director Apted is the Guild’s Secretary-Treasurer and TV and film director Schlamme is 5th VP. The DGA’s current three-year contract with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers expires June 30, 2014. The Guild will appoint full negotiating committees, made up of directors, assistant directors, unit production managers, associate directors and stage managers working in all genres, later this year. National Executive Director Jay D. Roth will continue to serve as the Guild’s chief professional negotiator.
DGA Taps Michael Apted, Thomas Schlamme To Lead Contract Talks Panel
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE