Directors Guild of America President Taylor Hackford announced today that directors Michael Apted and Thomas Schlamme have been appointed co-chairs of the next DGA Feature Film and Television Negotiations Committee. Documentary and feature director Apted is the Guild’s Secretary-Treasurer and TV and film director Schlamme is 5th VP. The DGA’s current three-year contract with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers expires June 30, 2014. The Guild will appoint full negotiating committees, made up of directors, assistant directors, unit production managers, associate directors and stage managers working in all genres, later this year. National Executive Director Jay D. Roth will continue to serve as the Guild’s chief professional negotiator.
DGA Taps Michael Apted, Thomas Schlamme To Lead Contract Talks Panel
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
Latest Film News
- ‘The Jungle Book’ Super Bowl Spot: Multi-Media In The Rain Forest
- ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Super Bowl Trailer: Kind Of Like ‘Close Encounters’?
- ‘Deadpool’ Super Bowl Trailer: Snark And Bloodshed
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Super Bowl TV Spot: “You Chose The Wrong Side”
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66
- ‘Revenant’, ‘Martian’ & More In Global Milestones; ‘Kung Fu Panda’ Tops $100M In China – Intl Box…