Directors Guild of America President Taylor Hackford announced today that directors Michael Apted and Thomas Schlamme have been appointed co-chairs of the next DGA Feature Film and Television Negotiations Committee. Documentary and feature director Apted is the Guild’s Secretary-Treasurer and TV and film director Schlamme is 5th VP. The DGA’s current three-year contract with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers expires June 30, 2014. The Guild will appoint full negotiating committees, made up of directors, assistant directors, unit production managers, associate directors and stage managers working in all genres, later this year. National Executive Director Jay D. Roth will continue to serve as the Guild’s chief professional negotiator.
DGA Taps Michael Apted, Thomas Schlamme To Lead Contract Talks Panel
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…
- ‘Tomorrowland’ & ‘Poltergeist’ Rise In Matinees – Box Office Friday
- ‘Mr. Holmes’ Lawsuit: Arthur Conan Doyle Estate Sues Bill Condon & Distributors
- Michael Rooker Signs Up For ‘The Belko Experiment'; Bai Ling To Have ‘Maximum Impact’
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination