Directors Guild of America President Taylor Hackford announced today that directors Michael Apted and Thomas Schlamme have been appointed co-chairs of the next DGA Feature Film and Television Negotiations Committee. Documentary and feature director Apted is the Guild’s Secretary-Treasurer and TV and film director Schlamme is 5th VP. The DGA’s current three-year contract with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers expires June 30, 2014. The Guild will appoint full negotiating committees, made up of directors, assistant directors, unit production managers, associate directors and stage managers working in all genres, later this year. National Executive Director Jay D. Roth will continue to serve as the Guild’s chief professional negotiator.
DGA Taps Michael Apted, Thomas Schlamme To Lead Contract Talks Panel
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- Joss Whedon Exits Warner Bros’ ‘Batgirl’ Movie
- Rob Reiner’s ‘Shock And Awe’ To Hit Theaters This Summer With Vertical & DirecTV Deal
- Harvey Weinstein Says Sorry For “Improperly” Using Meryl Streep & Jennifer Lawrence In Lawsuit
- Peter Bart: ‘Black Panther’ Registers Global Social & Box Office Impact, Even Setting Records On Turbulent…
- Oscars: History Is Made Several Times Over In The Best Documentary Feature Race
- George Kaufman Dies: Chairman Of NYC’s Kaufman Astoria Studios Was 89