Deception co-star Tate Donovan is set to co-star opposite Toni Collette in Hostages, CBS‘ drama pilot from writer-director Jeffrey Nachmanoff, Jerry Bruckheimer TV and Warner Bros TV. The casting is in second position to NBC’s midseason drama. Donovan is the first Deception regular to book a pilot. Deception‘s ratings have been low but stable, logging a 1.2 18-49 rating for the last couple of weeks. With both Do No Harm and Smash premiering lower (0.9 and 1.1, respectively), a renewal for Deception, while not likely, is not completely out of the question. Based on an Israeli format, Hostages centers on Ellen (Collette), a successful surgeon living in Washington, D.C. who is selected to operate on the President of the United States. She is thrust into the middle of a political conspiracy when her family is taken hostage, and it is up to her to save the lives of her husband and children. Gersh-repped Donovan will play Ellen’s husband Brian, a former Ivy League athlete and golden boy who is covering up the fact that his real estate career is now in trouble and he’s fallen into debt. At first defiant to the hostage takers, a secret is soon revealed that forces his cooperation. He previously co-starred on Damages and recently shared in the best feature ensemble SAG Award for his role in Argo.
‘Deception’s Tate Donovan To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Hostages’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
Latest TV News
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago
- Omarosa Talks About Writing A Tell-All on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Says She Has To “Tell Her Truth”