Deception co-star Tate Donovan is set to co-star opposite Toni Collette in Hostages, CBS‘ drama pilot from writer-director Jeffrey Nachmanoff, Jerry Bruckheimer TV and Warner Bros TV. The casting is in second position to NBC’s midseason drama. Donovan is the first Deception regular to book a pilot. Deception‘s ratings have been low but stable, logging a 1.2 18-49 rating for the last couple of weeks. With both Do No Harm and Smash premiering lower (0.9 and 1.1, respectively), a renewal for Deception, while not likely, is not completely out of the question. Based on an Israeli format, Hostages centers on Ellen (Collette), a successful surgeon living in Washington, D.C. who is selected to operate on the President of the United States. She is thrust into the middle of a political conspiracy when her family is taken hostage, and it is up to her to save the lives of her husband and children. Gersh-repped Donovan will play Ellen’s husband Brian, a former Ivy League athlete and golden boy who is covering up the fact that his real estate career is now in trouble and he’s fallen into debt. At first defiant to the hostage takers, a secret is soon revealed that forces his cooperation. He previously co-starred on Damages and recently shared in the best feature ensemble SAG Award for his role in Argo.
‘Deception’s Tate Donovan To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Hostages’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'
- ‘Homeland’s Raza Jaffrey To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Code Black’
- Anika Noni Rose To Topline 'For Justice' CBS Civil Rights Pilot Directed By Ava DuVernay
- ‘Tosh.0′ Sold To Fox Stations In Syndication Deal With Debmar-Mercury