CBS’ upcoming summer series Under The Dome has cast another key role. Breaking Bad‘s Dean Norris is set to star opposite Mike Vogel in the 13-episode series from Steven Spielberg’s Amblin and Stephen King based on King’s bestselling 2009 novel. Under The Dome is set in Chester’s Mill, a small New England town suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by an enormous transparent dome. The town’s inhabitants must deal with surviving the post-apocalyptic conditions while searching for answers to what this barrier is, where it came from and if and when it will go away. Norris will play Big Jim, the successful owner of Chester’s Mill’s used car dealership who also is town councilman, an office he takes seriously. Norris, managed by Industry Entertainment’s Keith Addis, is wrapping a five-year stint on AMC’s Breaking Bad, which has proven a popular talent pool for pilots this season, with Norris’ co-stars Anna Gunn, Betsy Brandt and Jonathan Banks also set for pilot roles.
Dean Norris To Star In CBS’ ‘Under The Dome’ Series
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sarah Silverman To Star In HBO Pilot From 'Secret Diary Of a Call Girl' Creator
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations