EXCLUSIVE: Netflix and MRC are beefing up the upper ranks of drama House Of Cards going into Season 2. David Manson has come on board as executive producer to work alongside showrunner Beau Willimon. The David Fincher drama starring Kevin Spacey received a straight two-season pickup by Netflix when the streaming service outbid HBO for the rights to the adaptation of the BBC miniseries. Season 1 premiered this past weekend, with Netflix making all 13 episodes available at the same time. Filming on Season 2 is expected to begin this spring. Manson recently served as executive producer/showrunner on AMC’s Richard LaGravenese/Tony Goldwyn legal thriller pilot. The project didn’t get a series pickup but was left in contention by the cable network. Manson’s credits also include New Amsterdam and Thief. Additionally, he created/exec produced the TNT series Saved.
David Manson Joins Netflix’s ‘House Of Cards’ As Executive Producer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over