EXCLUSIVE: Netflix and MRC are beefing up the upper ranks of drama House Of Cards going into Season 2. David Manson has come on board as executive producer to work alongside showrunner Beau Willimon. The David Fincher drama starring Kevin Spacey received a straight two-season pickup by Netflix when the streaming service outbid HBO for the rights to the adaptation of the BBC miniseries. Season 1 premiered this past weekend, with Netflix making all 13 episodes available at the same time. Filming on Season 2 is expected to begin this spring. Manson recently served as executive producer/showrunner on AMC’s Richard LaGravenese/Tony Goldwyn legal thriller pilot. The project didn’t get a series pickup but was left in contention by the cable network. Manson’s credits also include New Amsterdam and Thief. Additionally, he created/exec produced the TNT series Saved.
David Manson Joins Netflix’s ‘House Of Cards’ As Executive Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
- ‘Outlander’ Season 2 Trailer: Is It Even Possible To Change The Future?
- AMC Sets Late-Night Talk Show Hosted By Kevin Smith & Greg Grunberg
- ‘11.22.63’ Review: Hulu’s James Franco JFK Series Full Of Time-Travel Twists
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 6 First Images: You Know Nothing (About) Jon Snow
- ‘Containment’, ‘Reign’, ‘Beauty & The Beast’ Get Midseason Premiere Dates On The CW