EXCLUSIVE: Netflix and MRC are beefing up the upper ranks of drama House Of Cards going into Season 2. David Manson has come on board as executive producer to work alongside showrunner Beau Willimon. The David Fincher drama starring Kevin Spacey received a straight two-season pickup by Netflix when the streaming service outbid HBO for the rights to the adaptation of the BBC miniseries. Season 1 premiered this past weekend, with Netflix making all 13 episodes available at the same time. Filming on Season 2 is expected to begin this spring. Manson recently served as executive producer/showrunner on AMC’s Richard LaGravenese/Tony Goldwyn legal thriller pilot. The project didn’t get a series pickup but was left in contention by the cable network. Manson’s credits also include New Amsterdam and Thief. Additionally, he created/exec produced the TNT series Saved.
David Manson Joins Netflix’s ‘House Of Cards’ As Executive Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- ‘Dancing With the Stars’: Ryan Lochte, Laurie Hernandez, Rick Perry Compete This Season
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment