EXCLUSIVE: Netflix and MRC are beefing up the upper ranks of drama House Of Cards going into Season 2. David Manson has come on board as executive producer to work alongside showrunner Beau Willimon. The David Fincher drama starring Kevin Spacey received a straight two-season pickup by Netflix when the streaming service outbid HBO for the rights to the adaptation of the BBC miniseries. Season 1 premiered this past weekend, with Netflix making all 13 episodes available at the same time. Filming on Season 2 is expected to begin this spring. Manson recently served as executive producer/showrunner on AMC’s Richard LaGravenese/Tony Goldwyn legal thriller pilot. The project didn’t get a series pickup but was left in contention by the cable network. Manson’s credits also include New Amsterdam and Thief. Additionally, he created/exec produced the TNT series Saved.
David Manson Joins Netflix’s ‘House Of Cards’ As Executive Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘The Outsider’ Trailer: Jared Leto Fights The Current In New Netflix Film
- Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir & Terry Gannon To Host Olympics Closing Ceremony
- eOne Teams With Vicky Jones & Phoebe Waller-Bridge On Romantic Comedy Thriller Series ‘Run’
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- Electric Ray Developing UK Version Of CTV’s ‘The Launch’ After Distribution Deal with Sony…
- Olympics Commentator Goes Wild After Kikkan Randall And Jessie Diggins Win Cross-Country Gold