Veteran actor-comedian David Alan Grier has joined Bad Teacher, CBS‘ single-camera comedy series adaptation of the hit 2011 movie. Written by Hilary Winston and produced by the film’s writers-producers Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, the pilot centers on a sexy, foul-mouthed divorcee who becomes a teacher to find her next husband. In Living Color alum Grier, repped by Innovative and Roar, will play the school’s principal. In the movie starring Cameron Diaz, the principal was played by John Michael Higgins.
David Alan Grier Joins CBS’ ‘Bad Teacher’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot