Veteran actor-comedian David Alan Grier has joined Bad Teacher, CBS‘ single-camera comedy series adaptation of the hit 2011 movie. Written by Hilary Winston and produced by the film’s writers-producers Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, the pilot centers on a sexy, foul-mouthed divorcee who becomes a teacher to find her next husband. In Living Color alum Grier, repped by Innovative and Roar, will play the school’s principal. In the movie starring Cameron Diaz, the principal was played by John Michael Higgins.
David Alan Grier Joins CBS’ ‘Bad Teacher’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
Latest TV News
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016