The co-star of the in-limbo Fox series Ben And Kate has been added to the cast of DreamWorks‘ adaptation of the EA video game, which already stars Aaron Paul, Dominic Cooper and Imogen Poots. The Scott Waugh-directed Need For Speed focuses on ’70s-style fast-paced, high-octane cars and Tobey Marshall (Paul), who races at impossible speeds from New York to LA to get revenge on the man who killed his best friend. Michael Keaton, Scott “Kid Cudi” Mescudi, Ramon Rodriguez, Rami Malek and Harrison Gilbertson also have been cast in the pic, which was penned by George Gatins and is set for a February 7, 2014 release. Dakota Johnson‘s feature credits include 21 Jump Street and Five-Year Engagement, and there is a holding pattern on Ben And Kate after Fox pulled the series off the schedule last month. She is repped by WME and Untitled.
Dakota Johnson Joins ‘Need For Speed’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video