EXCLUSIVE: In her first pilot season in the U.S., Israeli actress Yael Grobglas has landed one of the most sought-after roles for young actresses, the lead in the CW drama The Selection. Because of a theater commitment in her native country, I hear Grobglas, who is of French-Austrian decent, only had two weeks to audition in Los Angeles before returning home. They resulted in her booking America Singer. Set 300 years in the future, The Selection is an epic romance centering on America Singer (Grobglas), a working class young woman chosen by lottery to participate in a competition with 25 other women for the Royal Prince’s hand to become the nation’s next queen. Warner Bros. TV is producing the pilot, written by Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain based on Kiera Cass’ book. Aimee Teegarden, who played America in The Selection last year, is the lead of another CW pilot this year, Oxygen. Two other Selection cast members from last year, Sean Patrick Thomas and Peta Sergeant, are reprising their roles. While an unknown in the U.S., Grobglas has played the lead of a series before – she toplined the Israeli series Tanuhi (Give It A Rest). She is with Thruline and attorney Jamie Feldman.
CW Pilot ‘The Selection’ Casts Its Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘The Outsider’ Trailer: Jared Leto Fights The Current In New Netflix Film
- Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir & Terry Gannon To Host Olympics Closing Ceremony
- eOne Teams With Vicky Jones & Phoebe Waller-Bridge On Romantic Comedy Thriller Series ‘Run’
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- Electric Ray Developing UK Version Of CTV’s ‘The Launch’ After Distribution Deal with Sony…
- Olympics Commentator Goes Wild After Kikkan Randall And Jessie Diggins Win Cross-Country Gold