CNN viewers might have caught a glimpse of the near-future this morning when Chris Cuomo and Erin Burnett co-anchored the network’s coverage of the Pope’s final day in office. Cuomo has already been tapped to co-anchor whatever new morning show replaces the Soledad O’Brien-hosted Starting Point as part of new CNN boss Jeff Zucker’s overhaul of the cable news network; Burnett, who currently anchors an evening show, is widely expected to join him. The likely dry run came as the New York Times reported today that Jim Murphy, who was in charge of ABC’s Good Morning America from 2006-2011 (while Cuomo was on the show), will eventually run the new morning show as senior executive producer. Murphy most recently helped launch CNN host Anderson Cooper’s now-cancelled daytime talk show.
Did CNN Preview Its New Morning Show Today?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘NBC Nightly News’ Takes Total Viewers In Final Week Of Controversial Melded Stats
- BBC Unveils New Stephen Poliakoff Drama ‘Close To The Enemy’ With All-Star Cast
- Discovery Says It Will Drive Velocity Overseas And Boost EuroSport Online
- Hockey Comedy 'Benders' From Apostle Gets IFC Series Order
- All3Media Confirms Acquisition Of Sam Mendes’ Neal Street Productions
- Michelle Phan Pushes Beyond YouTube With Endemol Beyond Online-Video Network