CNN viewers might have caught a glimpse of the near-future this morning when Chris Cuomo and Erin Burnett co-anchored the network’s coverage of the Pope’s final day in office. Cuomo has already been tapped to co-anchor whatever new morning show replaces the Soledad O’Brien-hosted Starting Point as part of new CNN boss Jeff Zucker’s overhaul of the cable news network; Burnett, who currently anchors an evening show, is widely expected to join him. The likely dry run came as the New York Times reported today that Jim Murphy, who was in charge of ABC’s Good Morning America from 2006-2011 (while Cuomo was on the show), will eventually run the new morning show as senior executive producer. Murphy most recently helped launch CNN host Anderson Cooper’s now-cancelled daytime talk show.
Did CNN Preview Its New Morning Show Today?
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Team
- John Fairchild, Editor-In-Chief Of Women’s Wear Daily, Dead At 87
- ‘Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson Blames Hippies For STDs In CPAC Speech
- Dominic Pagone Upped To SVP Communications At FX Networks
- Tarak Ben Ammar, Dominique Delport Proposed To Join Vivendi’s Supervisory Board
- Dean Cain, Helen Slater Join ‘Supergirl’ Pilot
- Leonard Nimoy’s Death: Reactions From Friends, Co-Stars & The Industry