CNN viewers might have caught a glimpse of the near-future this morning when Chris Cuomo and Erin Burnett co-anchored the network’s coverage of the Pope’s final day in office. Cuomo has already been tapped to co-anchor whatever new morning show replaces the Soledad O’Brien-hosted Starting Point as part of new CNN boss Jeff Zucker’s overhaul of the cable news network; Burnett, who currently anchors an evening show, is widely expected to join him. The likely dry run came as the New York Times reported today that Jim Murphy, who was in charge of ABC’s Good Morning America from 2006-2011 (while Cuomo was on the show), will eventually run the new morning show as senior executive producer. Murphy most recently helped launch CNN host Anderson Cooper’s now-cancelled daytime talk show.
Did CNN Preview Its New Morning Show Today?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Mr. Robot’ DP Tod Campbell On His Visual Approach To Sam Esmail’s Dark, Off-Kilter World
- ‘American Horror Story: Cult’ Trailer Teases Trump’s Influence On New Season Of FX Anthology
- Sharon Levy Joins Endemol Shine North America As President Of Unscripted & Scripted Television
- ‘The Night Of’ Emmy Nominee Michael Kenneth Williams On Nephew’s Experience Of “Heavy World”…
- Riley Keough & Gina Gammell Launch Production Company Felix Culpa With Trio Of Book Deals
- Fox News Channel Dominates Cable News During Donald Trump’s Afghanistan Speech