CNN viewers might have caught a glimpse of the near-future this morning when Chris Cuomo and Erin Burnett co-anchored the network’s coverage of the Pope’s final day in office. Cuomo has already been tapped to co-anchor whatever new morning show replaces the Soledad O’Brien-hosted Starting Point as part of new CNN boss Jeff Zucker’s overhaul of the cable news network; Burnett, who currently anchors an evening show, is widely expected to join him. The likely dry run came as the New York Times reported today that Jim Murphy, who was in charge of ABC’s Good Morning America from 2006-2011 (while Cuomo was on the show), will eventually run the new morning show as senior executive producer. Murphy most recently helped launch CNN host Anderson Cooper’s now-cancelled daytime talk show.
Did CNN Preview Its New Morning Show Today?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Renewed For Season 4 By Amazon
- Amazon Japan Unveils Ambitious Original Content Slate
- Don Johnson, Rupert Grint & Nick Frost Get A ‘Sick Note’ In Sky Atlantic Series
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Review: Cillian Murphy & Gang Raise Stakes In Strong Return
- 'Roots' Review: Reimagined Slavery Epic Poignant In Era Of Black Lives Matter
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Aziz Ansari’s ‘Master Of None’ Takes Unconventional Path To…