CNN viewers might have caught a glimpse of the near-future this morning when Chris Cuomo and Erin Burnett co-anchored the network’s coverage of the Pope’s final day in office. Cuomo has already been tapped to co-anchor whatever new morning show replaces the Soledad O’Brien-hosted Starting Point as part of new CNN boss Jeff Zucker’s overhaul of the cable news network; Burnett, who currently anchors an evening show, is widely expected to join him. The likely dry run came as the New York Times reported today that Jim Murphy, who was in charge of ABC’s Good Morning America from 2006-2011 (while Cuomo was on the show), will eventually run the new morning show as senior executive producer. Murphy most recently helped launch CNN host Anderson Cooper’s now-cancelled daytime talk show.
Did CNN Preview Its New Morning Show Today?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ To End: Season 4 Will Be Its Last
- ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’ Off To Low Ratings Start, ‘Jane The Virgin’ Slips In Return, ‘Blindspot…
- Comcast Teams With Networks To Add Video Clips To On Demand Platform
- Kal Penn To Co-Star In Hulu Comedy Series ‘Deadbeat’
- Piers Morgan Returning To Live TV As Co-Host Of ITV’s ‘Good Morning Britain’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Ratings: Season 6 Debut Down From 2014, Beats NFL & ‘SNF’ In Demo