Cinedigm and the National Association of Theatre Owners announced today that they will make their digital theatre conversion program available to owners of drive-in movie theaters. NATO and Cinedigm have agreed to extend an existing program that uses so-called “virtual print fees,” paid by studios, to finance the deployment of digital projectors. “Traditional movie theaters across the nation have embraced the many benefits of digital cinema,” John Fithian, president of NATO, said today in a statement. “Cinedigm and NATO’s collaborative efforts have played a significant role in that transition and we are thrilled to partner with Cinedigm again to bring drive-ins into the digital age.” The trade group and Cinedigm say they will unveil the agreement at the annual United Drive-In Theatre Owners Association (UDITOA) convention this week in Kissimmee, Florida. Cinedigm has assisted more than 276 theater operators with at least 12,200 digital screens in the U.S. and Canada.
Cinedigm & NATO Partner To Help Drive-In Theaters Convert To Digital
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
'Person Of Interest' Gets 'The Mentalist' Treatment With 13-Episode Order; Will Season 5 Be Its Last?
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?