Rapid Eye Film was founded by producer Marco Weber (Igby Goes Down, Unthinkable, The Informers). The company will develop, finance and produce five films under a new three-year deal with Cinedigm and Nic Chartier’s Voltage Pictures. Cinedigm will release the titles theatrically in the U.S. and roll out across all ancillary platforms. Voltage will handle international sales on all five films. The first pic greenlighted under the agreement is sci-fi thriller Unraveling, described as Angel Heart-meets-Se7en, which Weber wrote and will direct. He’s also producing with longtime partner Vanessa Coifman (Fireflies In The Garden, A Late Quartet) and Miggel Schwickerath (The Informers). Casting is underway for a spring Los Angeles shoot. Weber’s directorial debut, Leashed, has also been picked up by Cinedigm for digital distribution in the U.S. and some international territories.
Cinedigm And Voltage Pictures Enter Output Deal With New Genre Label Rapid Eye
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Trump-Linked Cambridge Analytica Stole Data From 50M Facebook Users And "Targeted Their Inner Demons:" Reports
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings