Rapid Eye Film was founded by producer Marco Weber (Igby Goes Down, Unthinkable, The Informers). The company will develop, finance and produce five films under a new three-year deal with Cinedigm and Nic Chartier’s Voltage Pictures. Cinedigm will release the titles theatrically in the U.S. and roll out across all ancillary platforms. Voltage will handle international sales on all five films. The first pic greenlighted under the agreement is sci-fi thriller Unraveling, described as Angel Heart-meets-Se7en, which Weber wrote and will direct. He’s also producing with longtime partner Vanessa Coifman (Fireflies In The Garden, A Late Quartet) and Miggel Schwickerath (The Informers). Casting is underway for a spring Los Angeles shoot. Weber’s directorial debut, Leashed, has also been picked up by Cinedigm for digital distribution in the U.S. and some international territories.
Cinedigm And Voltage Pictures Enter Output Deal With New Genre Label Rapid Eye
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More