Rapid Eye Film was founded by producer Marco Weber (Igby Goes Down, Unthinkable, The Informers). The company will develop, finance and produce five films under a new three-year deal with Cinedigm and Nic Chartier’s Voltage Pictures. Cinedigm will release the titles theatrically in the U.S. and roll out across all ancillary platforms. Voltage will handle international sales on all five films. The first pic greenlighted under the agreement is sci-fi thriller Unraveling, described as Angel Heart-meets-Se7en, which Weber wrote and will direct. He’s also producing with longtime partner Vanessa Coifman (Fireflies In The Garden, A Late Quartet) and Miggel Schwickerath (The Informers). Casting is underway for a spring Los Angeles shoot. Weber’s directorial debut, Leashed, has also been picked up by Cinedigm for digital distribution in the U.S. and some international territories.
Cinedigm And Voltage Pictures Enter Output Deal With New Genre Label Rapid Eye
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role
- Colin Trevorrow’s Next Page? Helming ‘Book Of Henry’ For SKE
- Emily Blunt Takes Bite Of ‘Animal Crackers'; ‘Neon Demon’ Cast Is Set – Film Briefs