Rapid Eye Film was founded by producer Marco Weber (Igby Goes Down, Unthinkable, The Informers). The company will develop, finance and produce five films under a new three-year deal with Cinedigm and Nic Chartier’s Voltage Pictures. Cinedigm will release the titles theatrically in the U.S. and roll out across all ancillary platforms. Voltage will handle international sales on all five films. The first pic greenlighted under the agreement is sci-fi thriller Unraveling, described as Angel Heart-meets-Se7en, which Weber wrote and will direct. He’s also producing with longtime partner Vanessa Coifman (Fireflies In The Garden, A Late Quartet) and Miggel Schwickerath (The Informers). Casting is underway for a spring Los Angeles shoot. Weber’s directorial debut, Leashed, has also been picked up by Cinedigm for digital distribution in the U.S. and some international territories.
Cinedigm And Voltage Pictures Enter Output Deal With New Genre Label Rapid Eye
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2