Following in the footsteps of History, which made a splashy entrance into scripted programming with the blockbuster miniseries Hatfields & McCoys starring Kevin Costner, Discovery Channel too has tapped an Oscar winner for its first scripted effort, miniseries Klondike. Chris Cooper will co-star in Klondike, produced by Scott Free Prods., Discovery Entertainment One and Nomadic Pictures. Based on Charlotte Gray’s novel Gold Diggers: Striking It Rich In The Klondike, the mini tells the story of six strangers and their collective fight for survival and wealth in a small, frontier town in the remote Klondike. Cooper will play Father Judge, who has come to Klondike to atone for his violent past on a mission to save souls. Paul Scheuring (Prison Break) is the primary writer and will serve as Executive Producer, along with Ridley Scott and David W. Zucker; as well as John Morayniss and Michael Rosenberg for eOne; Mike Frislev and Chad Oakes will serve as co-producers for Nomadic. Production begins in March 2013 in Alberta, Canada. Cooper won an Oscar in 2002 for Adaptation.
Chris Cooper To Star In Discovery Channel’s ‘Klondike’ Miniseries
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- AMC Renews 'Halt and Catch Fire' For Second Season
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'