Columbia Pictures’ The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has set Chris Cooper to play Norman Osborn, Deadline has confirmed. Father to Peter Parker’s pal Harry, Norman Osborn is the alter ego of the Spidey comics villain Green Goblin previously portrayed by Willem Dafoe in Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man films. Cooper joins baddies Paul Giamatti as Rhino and Jamie Foxx as Electro in the sequel, which director Marc Webb is now filming ahead of its May 2, 2014 3D release. Andrew Garfield is back as Peter Parker/Spider-Man with Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy, joined by Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson and Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn. Cooper will next be seen in The Weinstein Company’s November adaptation August: Osage County. He is repped by Untitled Entertainment.
Chris Cooper Cast As Norman Osborne In ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Oscars: ‘Miles Ahead’ & ‘Maggie’s Plan’ Are First 2016 Awards Screeners Sent To Voters As Sony Classics Jumpstarts…
- Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The ‘Young Frankenstein’ Scene That Cracked Him Up: “We Had To Do It 14 Times”…
- Gene Wilder: Remembering A Comedy Movie Icon – Photos
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- Emma Thompson In Talks To Star In Director Richard Eyre’s ‘The Children Act’