Columbia Pictures’ The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has set Chris Cooper to play Norman Osborn, Deadline has confirmed. Father to Peter Parker’s pal Harry, Norman Osborn is the alter ego of the Spidey comics villain Green Goblin previously portrayed by Willem Dafoe in Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man films. Cooper joins baddies Paul Giamatti as Rhino and Jamie Foxx as Electro in the sequel, which director Marc Webb is now filming ahead of its May 2, 2014 3D release. Andrew Garfield is back as Peter Parker/Spider-Man with Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy, joined by Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson and Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn. Cooper will next be seen in The Weinstein Company’s November adaptation August: Osage County. He is repped by Untitled Entertainment.
Chris Cooper Cast As Norman Osborne In ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2′
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV