Columbia Pictures’ The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has set Chris Cooper to play Norman Osborn, Deadline has confirmed. Father to Peter Parker’s pal Harry, Norman Osborn is the alter ego of the Spidey comics villain Green Goblin previously portrayed by Willem Dafoe in Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man films. Cooper joins baddies Paul Giamatti as Rhino and Jamie Foxx as Electro in the sequel, which director Marc Webb is now filming ahead of its May 2, 2014 3D release. Andrew Garfield is back as Peter Parker/Spider-Man with Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy, joined by Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson and Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn. Cooper will next be seen in The Weinstein Company’s November adaptation August: Osage County. He is repped by Untitled Entertainment.
Chris Cooper Cast As Norman Osborne In ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2′
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'