Chris Brinker, producer of the popular cult movie The Boondock Saints and a handful of other films, died early Friday morning of problems associated with an aortic aneurysm. His brother Michael told RadarOnline they were in Marina Del Rey wrapping production on the final day of shooting for his feature directing debut Whiskey Bay when Chris experienced chest pains and was taken to a nearby hospital. Brinker was later transferred to a medical center in Los Angeles. He was 42. In addition to Saints and Whiskey Bay, Brinker was a producer on The Boondock Saints II and Lonely Street. Whiskey Bay stars Amy Smart, Matt Dillon, Willem Dafoe and Tom Berenger. Producer Lloyd Segan, who worked with Brinker on the Saints movies, told EW they were also preparing another feature, Baby Proof.
R.I.P. Chris Brinker
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'
- Good Deed Entertainment Taps Myrl Schreibman As President Of Production