Chris Brinker, producer of the popular cult movie The Boondock Saints and a handful of other films, died early Friday morning of problems associated with an aortic aneurysm. His brother Michael told RadarOnline they were in Marina Del Rey wrapping production on the final day of shooting for his feature directing debut Whiskey Bay when Chris experienced chest pains and was taken to a nearby hospital. Brinker was later transferred to a medical center in Los Angeles. He was 42. In addition to Saints and Whiskey Bay, Brinker was a producer on The Boondock Saints II and Lonely Street. Whiskey Bay stars Amy Smart, Matt Dillon, Willem Dafoe and Tom Berenger. Producer Lloyd Segan, who worked with Brinker on the Saints movies, told EW they were also preparing another feature, Baby Proof.
R.I.P. Chris Brinker
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads Pulled Over Offensive Language Referring To Octavia Spencer
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer