Chris Brinker, producer of the popular cult movie The Boondock Saints and a handful of other films, died early Friday morning of problems associated with an aortic aneurysm. His brother Michael told RadarOnline they were in Marina Del Rey wrapping production on the final day of shooting for his feature directing debut Whiskey Bay when Chris experienced chest pains and was taken to a nearby hospital. Brinker was later transferred to a medical center in Los Angeles. He was 42. In addition to Saints and Whiskey Bay, Brinker was a producer on The Boondock Saints II and Lonely Street. Whiskey Bay stars Amy Smart, Matt Dillon, Willem Dafoe and Tom Berenger. Producer Lloyd Segan, who worked with Brinker on the Saints movies, told EW they were also preparing another feature, Baby Proof.
R.I.P. Chris Brinker
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $371M WW Weekend – International Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred ‘Jurassic World’ & Possibly ‘Last Jedi…