Chris Brinker, producer of the popular cult movie The Boondock Saints and a handful of other films, died early Friday morning of problems associated with an aortic aneurysm. His brother Michael told RadarOnline they were in Marina Del Rey wrapping production on the final day of shooting for his feature directing debut Whiskey Bay when Chris experienced chest pains and was taken to a nearby hospital. Brinker was later transferred to a medical center in Los Angeles. He was 42. In addition to Saints and Whiskey Bay, Brinker was a producer on The Boondock Saints II and Lonely Street. Whiskey Bay stars Amy Smart, Matt Dillon, Willem Dafoe and Tom Berenger. Producer Lloyd Segan, who worked with Brinker on the Saints movies, told EW they were also preparing another feature, Baby Proof.
R.I.P. Chris Brinker
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- The Academy On Best Picture Oscar Snafu: “We Deeply Regret The Mistake”
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Takes “Full Responsibility” For Best Picture Blunder In New Apology
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- Jaime King To Stir It Up In ‘How To Cook Your Daughter’
- Netflix Sees $1.5B Lawsuit From Relativity Slimmed Down By Judge