Chernin Entertainment today upped Jenno Topping to President of films, less than two years after she was hired as EVP of the division. Topping is currently producing the Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy comedy The Heat with director Paul Feig and Chernin Entertainment’s Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark. Before joining the company she was a producer at Columbia Pictures racking up credits including Country Strong, the Charlie’s Angels movies, 28 Days, and Can’t Hardly Wait. In a parallel move, David Ready has been hired as Senior VP, reporting to Topping. He comes to Chernin Entertainment after serving as SVP of Production for di Bonaventura Pictures, where he had been working as executive producer on Summit Entertainment’s Red 2 and co-producer on Paramount’s Jack Ryan.
Chernin Ent. Promotes Jenno Topping To President Of Film
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Universal Changes ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Release Date Again; ‘Girl Trip’ Moves In
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil’ Breached Deal
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016