Following some chatter during NATPE last week, I have learned that Cedric The Entertainer has closed a three-year deal to replace Meredith Vieira as host the syndicated version of quiz show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. I hear the multi-million pact will pay Cedric close to what Vieira was making in the final years of her 11-season stint on the Disney-ABC show, which she’s hosted from its launch in 2002. Millionaire, which tapes in advance, will continue to air Vieira-hosted originals through May and repeats through the summer, with Cedric expected to take over in September. The Millionaire gig won’t interfere with the actor-comedian’s TV Land comedy series Soul Man, which is slated to begin filming its second season in March. Cedric will shoot his first season of Millionaire in September. CAA-repped Cedric is the second member of The Original Kings Of Comedy standup troupe to be recruited to host a syndicated game show, joining Steve Harvey who has been on Family Feud since 2010.
Cedric The Entertainer To Succeed Meredith Vieira As Host Of Syndicated ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures TV Studios Names Jeffrey Glaser Head Of Current; Kim Rozenfeld Poised To Go To Apple
- ‘This Is Us’ Makeup Artist Zoe Hay On Finding The Right Approach To Subtle Aging Makeup
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?
- Freeform Sets Cast For Christmas Movie ‘Angry Angel’ As Production Begins
- ‘Galaxy Quest’ TV Series Back On Launchpad At Amazon With Paul Scheer Writing
- Conan O’Brien Offers To Help Jared Kushner Broker Middle East Solution, Announces Israel Road Trip