EXCLUSIVE: Twilight helmer Catherine Hardwicke has signed on to direct CBS’ drama pilot Reckless, a legal soap executive produced by Ghost Whisperer producers Ian Sander and Kim Moses. Written/executive produced by Dana Stevens (City Of Angels), Reckless is described as a sultry legal show set in Charleston, South Carolina, where a gorgeous Yankee litigator and a Southern City Attorney struggle to hide their intense attraction while clashing over a police sex scandal. CBS TV Studios is producing. This marks the pilot directorial debut of Hardwicke whose only previous TV gig was directing an episode of AMC’s period Western Hell On Wheels last year. On the feature side, in addition to the opening installment of the Twilight franchise, she has directed Red Riding Hood, Lords of Dogtown and the upcoming Plush. It has been a stronger than usual pilot season for female directors in the drama field, which is traditionally dominated completely by male directors. In addition to Hardwicke, Patty Jenkins is helming ABC’s Betrayal and Lesli Linka Glatter is directing CBS’ Anatomy Of Violence.
‘Twilight’ Director Catherine Hardwicke To Helm CBS Legal Pilot ‘Reckless’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate