EXCLUSIVE: Twilight helmer Catherine Hardwicke has signed on to direct CBS’ drama pilot Reckless, a legal soap executive produced by Ghost Whisperer producers Ian Sander and Kim Moses. Written/executive produced by Dana Stevens (City Of Angels), Reckless is described as a sultry legal show set in Charleston, South Carolina, where a gorgeous Yankee litigator and a Southern City Attorney struggle to hide their intense attraction while clashing over a police sex scandal. CBS TV Studios is producing. This marks the pilot directorial debut of Hardwicke whose only previous TV gig was directing an episode of AMC’s period Western Hell On Wheels last year. On the feature side, in addition to the opening installment of the Twilight franchise, she has directed Red Riding Hood, Lords of Dogtown and the upcoming Plush. It has been a stronger than usual pilot season for female directors in the drama field, which is traditionally dominated completely by male directors. In addition to Hardwicke, Patty Jenkins is helming ABC’s Betrayal and Lesli Linka Glatter is directing CBS’ Anatomy Of Violence.
‘Twilight’ Director Catherine Hardwicke To Helm CBS Legal Pilot ‘Reckless’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings and Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'
- ‘Homeland’s Raza Jaffrey To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Code Black’
- Anika Noni Rose To Topline 'For Justice' CBS Civil Rights Pilot Directed By Ava DuVernay
- ‘Tosh.0′ Sold To Fox Stations In Syndication Deal With Debmar-Mercury