EXCLUSIVE: Twilight helmer Catherine Hardwicke has signed on to direct CBS’ drama pilot Reckless, a legal soap executive produced by Ghost Whisperer producers Ian Sander and Kim Moses. Written/executive produced by Dana Stevens (City Of Angels), Reckless is described as a sultry legal show set in Charleston, South Carolina, where a gorgeous Yankee litigator and a Southern City Attorney struggle to hide their intense attraction while clashing over a police sex scandal. CBS TV Studios is producing. This marks the pilot directorial debut of Hardwicke whose only previous TV gig was directing an episode of AMC’s period Western Hell On Wheels last year. On the feature side, in addition to the opening installment of the Twilight franchise, she has directed Red Riding Hood, Lords of Dogtown and the upcoming Plush. It has been a stronger than usual pilot season for female directors in the drama field, which is traditionally dominated completely by male directors. In addition to Hardwicke, Patty Jenkins is helming ABC’s Betrayal and Lesli Linka Glatter is directing CBS’ Anatomy Of Violence.
‘Twilight’ Director Catherine Hardwicke To Helm CBS Legal Pilot ‘Reckless’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Buying Season 2014 Goes In Reverse: Comedies Wrapping, Dramas Far From Done
- CBS' 'Madam Secretary' Off To OK Start – RATINGS RAT RACE
- John Krasinski Sells 2 Comedies To NBC
- '11/22/63′ Drama From J.J. Abrams Based On Stephen King's Novel Gets Hulu Series Order
- Flashback: 'Friends' Premiered 20 Years Ago Today
- It's Official: AMC Picks Up Channel 4 Series 'Humans'