EXCLUSIVE: Twilight helmer Catherine Hardwicke has signed on to direct CBS’ drama pilot Reckless, a legal soap executive produced by Ghost Whisperer producers Ian Sander and Kim Moses. Written/executive produced by Dana Stevens (City Of Angels), Reckless is described as a sultry legal show set in Charleston, South Carolina, where a gorgeous Yankee litigator and a Southern City Attorney struggle to hide their intense attraction while clashing over a police sex scandal. CBS TV Studios is producing. This marks the pilot directorial debut of Hardwicke whose only previous TV gig was directing an episode of AMC’s period Western Hell On Wheels last year. On the feature side, in addition to the opening installment of the Twilight franchise, she has directed Red Riding Hood, Lords of Dogtown and the upcoming Plush. It has been a stronger than usual pilot season for female directors in the drama field, which is traditionally dominated completely by male directors. In addition to Hardwicke, Patty Jenkins is helming ABC’s Betrayal and Lesli Linka Glatter is directing CBS’ Anatomy Of Violence.
‘Twilight’ Director Catherine Hardwicke To Helm CBS Legal Pilot ‘Reckless’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh