Cam Gigandet is reuniting with his favorite director Catherine Hardwicke, this time on the small screen. Gigandet, who played the villain in the first Twilight movie, directed by Hardwicke, and just shot the lead in her latest film, Plush, is set as the male lead in Reckless, the CBS drama pilot, which marks Hardwicke’s pilot directorial debut. Michael Gladis (Mad Men) also has been cast in the pilot, written/executive produced by Dana Stevens and executive produced by Ian Sander and Kim Moses. Reckless is described as a sultry legal show in the vein of Body Heat. It is set in Charleston, South Carolina, where a gorgeous Yankee litigator and a Southern City Attorney (Gigandet) struggle to hide their intense attraction while clashing over a police sex scandal. Gladis, repped by TalentWorks and Gallant Management, plays the Chief of Police. CBS TV Studios is producing. Gigandet, repped by WME and Luber Roklin, recently starred in John Stockwell’s Seal Team Six and also stars in Stockwell’s upcoming movie In The Blood.
Cam Gigandet To Star In CBS Drama Pilot ‘Reckless’ Directed By Catherine Hardwicke
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History
- Fox Nabs DC Entertainment 'Lucifer' Drama From Tom Kapinos As Put Pilot
- NBC Adapting Movie 'Problem Child' As Comedy Written By Scot Armstrong