Cam Gigandet is reuniting with his favorite director Catherine Hardwicke, this time on the small screen. Gigandet, who played the villain in the first Twilight movie, directed by Hardwicke, and just shot the lead in her latest film, Plush, is set as the male lead in Reckless, the CBS drama pilot, which marks Hardwicke’s pilot directorial debut. Michael Gladis (Mad Men) also has been cast in the pilot, written/executive produced by Dana Stevens and executive produced by Ian Sander and Kim Moses. Reckless is described as a sultry legal show in the vein of Body Heat. It is set in Charleston, South Carolina, where a gorgeous Yankee litigator and a Southern City Attorney (Gigandet) struggle to hide their intense attraction while clashing over a police sex scandal. Gladis, repped by TalentWorks and Gallant Management, plays the Chief of Police. CBS TV Studios is producing. Gigandet, repped by WME and Luber Roklin, recently starred in John Stockwell’s Seal Team Six and also stars in Stockwell’s upcoming movie In The Blood.
Cam Gigandet To Star In CBS Drama Pilot ‘Reckless’ Directed By Catherine Hardwicke
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Aquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot