Brett Ratner has joined with Six Eleven Media to produce a TV version of the successful online game FarmVille. The Hercules director and the Canadian production company aim to make a half hour animated series out of the farming simulation social networking game. “FarmVille is one of the most exciting brands out there today and its cross-platform opportunities are endless. I am thrilled to be expanding the brand with existing fans and also engaging a whole new audience,” said Ratner in a statement Thursday. No network is attached currently to the proposed FarmVille series. Ratner will serve as executive producer with Six Eleven Media’s Kirk Schenck & Charles Bishop and Independent producer Nina Gelb. FarmVille was launched in 2009 by game maker Zynga and has become one of the most popular games on Facebook and MSN Games. A FarmVille 2 sequel was released last Fall. Ratner’s upcoming Hercules, with Dwayne Johnson in the title role, is set to be released by Paramount on August 8, 2014.
Brett Ratner Boards ‘FarmVille’ Animated Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Global Media Reacts To Trump Vs. Clinton Debate
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word…
- Herman Echevarria Sr. Dies: ‘Real Housewives Of Miami’ Husband Was 61
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton: Deadline Live Blogs The Debate
- ‘Supergirl’ Season 2 Trailer: National City Welcomes The Man Of Steel