First she took this year’s Super Bowl halftime show by storm and now Beyoncé has hit the high note on cable. The singer’s co-directed Beyoncé: Life Is A Dream documentary was watched by 1.8 million HBO viewers Saturday in its 9 PM premiere. That’s a 10-year audience high for a documentary on the premium network. In 2004, Nielsen changed the way it determines viewership on HBO, so prior-year comparisons are apples and oranges. The closest the cable station had to such numbers was in 2006, with the Spike Lee directed When The Levees Broke: A Requiem In Four Acts. That film documenting the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina on New Orleans pulled in 1.7 million viewers. Beyonce had a good night on another network also on Saturday. The singer’s 8 PM interview on Oprah’s Next Chapter pulled in 1.3 million viewers on Winfrey’s OWN
Beyonce Documentary Ratings Hit Decade High For HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams "Reprehensible Smokescreen" - Update
Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Legal Guardian Backs Actress' Sexual Assault Claims, Calls Joel Kramer "Pedophile" - Update
Latest TV News
- BritBox Strikes 300 Hour Deal with All3Media International Including ‘Midsomer Murders’
- Ben Silverman & Howard T Owens’ Propagate Gets Backing From Raine Group
- Sky Buys Majority Stake In ‘Songs Of Praise’ Producer Avanti Media As It Continues Aggressive Expansion
- NBCU Intl Acquires ‘The Outpost’ For Syfy; IQiyi Advancing On IPO – Global Briefs
- ‘I Wanna Marry Harry’ Producer Zig Zag Productions Signs With ICM
- ‘The Good Place’s Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations