EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler has managed her own career for years and hasn’t starred in a #1 hit film since 1996’s First Wives Club. Now she has enlisted Sam Feldman of Macklam Feldman Management, a division of A & F Music, to work in tandem with MBST Entertainment’s David Steinberg and Larry Brezner to manage her varied interests including film, stage and music. MBST Entertainment (a division of Core Media Group) also reps Billy Crystal, who starred with Midler in Fox’s Parental Guidance, which earned $111 million globally. Midler, who continues to be repped by Peter Levine at CAA, has two Oscar nominations, four Golden Globes, three Grammys, and a Tony to date and is gearing up for her spring Broadway return in the one-woman show I’ll Eat You Last: A Chat With Sue Mengers. After that she’s plotting a new album and tour for 2014 and will develop feature film projects to star in. On Thursday, Midler appears as a guest judge on Bravo’s Project Runway.
Bette Midler Signs With New Management
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $60.3M: But Why Is Opening Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- Noureen DeWulf Books Three Film Roles; Hannah Rose May Joins ‘The Recall’
- Joss Whedon’s Sermon On The Con: “The Dialogue Between Audiences And Studios Is Defaulting”
- RealD's 3D Projection Patents Upheld By U.S. International Trade Org
- Life After ‘Orphan Black’? Tatiana Maslany & Creators Discuss – Comic-Con
- Mark Boal Decries Military “Fishing Expedition” In Bowe Bergdahl Case