Oscar winner Stefan Ruzowitzky is in deep negotiations with Myriad Pictures to come on board to helm Caught Stealing, the company announced today. The director won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film back in 2008 for The Counterfeiters. More recently he directed Deadfall, starring Eric Bana and Olivia Wilde. Based on Charlie Huston’s novel of the same name, Caught Stealing is written by David Hayter who did X-Men, X2 and The Watchmen. Alec Baldwin and Patrick Wilson are signed on to star in the thriller about a man lost in a bloody treasure hunt through New York City. Lost Rhino Films’ Marcus Chait, James Carpinello, and Wilson will produce. Paula Wagner is executive producing alongside Myriad’s Kirk D’Amico. Myriad Pictures is pre-selling the film at the Berlin Film Festival and working with APA on U.S. sales.
Berlin: Stefan Ruzowitzky In Talks To Direct ‘Caught Stealing’, Alec Baldwin Stars
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Chairman Says Best Picture Gaffe Was “A Human Error”
- Sakina Jaffrey Cast In Fox’s ‘Red Sparrow’; Bill Marchant Joins Sci-Fi Indie ‘Volition’
- Donald Trump Takes Credit For Oscars Best Picture Snafu
- Bill Paxton Tribute: The Man Behind The Actor
- Comedy Dynamics Books ‘Chee And T’; Kino Lorber Nabs Two Venice Film Fest Pics
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…