Oscar winner Stefan Ruzowitzky is in deep negotiations with Myriad Pictures to come on board to helm Caught Stealing, the company announced today. The director won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film back in 2008 for The Counterfeiters. More recently he directed Deadfall, starring Eric Bana and Olivia Wilde. Based on Charlie Huston’s novel of the same name, Caught Stealing is written by David Hayter who did X-Men, X2 and The Watchmen. Alec Baldwin and Patrick Wilson are signed on to star in the thriller about a man lost in a bloody treasure hunt through New York City. Lost Rhino Films’ Marcus Chait, James Carpinello, and Wilson will produce. Paula Wagner is executive producing alongside Myriad’s Kirk D’Amico. Myriad Pictures is pre-selling the film at the Berlin Film Festival and working with APA on U.S. sales.
Berlin: Stefan Ruzowitzky In Talks To Direct ‘Caught Stealing’, Alec Baldwin Stars
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit