Oscar winner Stefan Ruzowitzky is in deep negotiations with Myriad Pictures to come on board to helm Caught Stealing, the company announced today. The director won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film back in 2008 for The Counterfeiters. More recently he directed Deadfall, starring Eric Bana and Olivia Wilde. Based on Charlie Huston’s novel of the same name, Caught Stealing is written by David Hayter who did X-Men, X2 and The Watchmen. Alec Baldwin and Patrick Wilson are signed on to star in the thriller about a man lost in a bloody treasure hunt through New York City. Lost Rhino Films’ Marcus Chait, James Carpinello, and Wilson will produce. Paula Wagner is executive producing alongside Myriad’s Kirk D’Amico. Myriad Pictures is pre-selling the film at the Berlin Film Festival and working with APA on U.S. sales.
Berlin: Stefan Ruzowitzky In Talks To Direct ‘Caught Stealing’, Alec Baldwin Stars
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest Film News
- Warner Bros Launches China Exchange Program With Casting, Management Focus
- Adam McKay Reteams With Composer Nicholas Britell On Two Projects
- Ben Affleck Calls Harvey Weinstein “Sleazy”, Admires Rose McGowan
- Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
- Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In ‘The Blacklist,’ Joins Spike Lee’s ‘Black Klansman…
- Monty Python's ‘Life of Brian’ Scores Theatrical Release With Trafalgar Deal