Lars Von Trier‘s hot market title Nymphomaniac has notched two more distributors on its bedpost here in Berlin. Canada’s Mongrel Media and Hungary’s Vertigo have now come on board the story of a nymphomaniac who recounts her sordid life to a stranger after he saves her from a beating. Earlier this week, Magnolia Pictures acquired U.S. rights to the film. Other notable pre-sales here include Australia/NZ (Transmission), France (Les Films du Losange), UK/Ireland (Artificial Eye), Germany/Austria (Concorde), CIS (Central Partnership), Brazil (California Films) and Hong Kong (Parkway Management). Von Trier regulars Charlotte Gainsbourg and Stellan Skarsgård star along with Shia LaBeouf, Jamie Bell, Christian Slater, Uma Thurman, Willem Dafoe, Connie Nielsen and others.
Berlin: ‘Nymphomaniac’ Sales Keep Coming
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?