Lars Von Trier‘s hot market title Nymphomaniac has notched two more distributors on its bedpost here in Berlin. Canada’s Mongrel Media and Hungary’s Vertigo have now come on board the story of a nymphomaniac who recounts her sordid life to a stranger after he saves her from a beating. Earlier this week, Magnolia Pictures acquired U.S. rights to the film. Other notable pre-sales here include Australia/NZ (Transmission), France (Les Films du Losange), UK/Ireland (Artificial Eye), Germany/Austria (Concorde), CIS (Central Partnership), Brazil (California Films) and Hong Kong (Parkway Management). Von Trier regulars Charlotte Gainsbourg and Stellan Skarsgård star along with Shia LaBeouf, Jamie Bell, Christian Slater, Uma Thurman, Willem Dafoe, Connie Nielsen and others.
Berlin: ‘Nymphomaniac’ Sales Keep Coming
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2