Lars Von Trier‘s hot market title Nymphomaniac has notched two more distributors on its bedpost here in Berlin. Canada’s Mongrel Media and Hungary’s Vertigo have now come on board the story of a nymphomaniac who recounts her sordid life to a stranger after he saves her from a beating. Earlier this week, Magnolia Pictures acquired U.S. rights to the film. Other notable pre-sales here include Australia/NZ (Transmission), France (Les Films du Losange), UK/Ireland (Artificial Eye), Germany/Austria (Concorde), CIS (Central Partnership), Brazil (California Films) and Hong Kong (Parkway Management). Von Trier regulars Charlotte Gainsbourg and Stellan Skarsgård star along with Shia LaBeouf, Jamie Bell, Christian Slater, Uma Thurman, Willem Dafoe, Connie Nielsen and others.
Berlin: ‘Nymphomaniac’ Sales Keep Coming
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Citing 'Greatest American Hero' Case, Judge Rules 'Three's Company' Parody Doesn't Violate Copyright: Media
Latest Film News
- Lionsgate Introduces Distribution Unit To Target Next-Gen Audiences
- Canyon Creek Films Acquires YA Horse Race Novel ‘The Glory’ By Lauren St John
- STX Entertainment Pacts With China’s Huayi Bros For 12-15 Pics Per Year
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”