Lars Von Trier‘s hot market title Nymphomaniac has notched two more distributors on its bedpost here in Berlin. Canada’s Mongrel Media and Hungary’s Vertigo have now come on board the story of a nymphomaniac who recounts her sordid life to a stranger after he saves her from a beating. Earlier this week, Magnolia Pictures acquired U.S. rights to the film. Other notable pre-sales here include Australia/NZ (Transmission), France (Les Films du Losange), UK/Ireland (Artificial Eye), Germany/Austria (Concorde), CIS (Central Partnership), Brazil (California Films) and Hong Kong (Parkway Management). Von Trier regulars Charlotte Gainsbourg and Stellan Skarsgård star along with Shia LaBeouf, Jamie Bell, Christian Slater, Uma Thurman, Willem Dafoe, Connie Nielsen and others.
Berlin: ‘Nymphomaniac’ Sales Keep Coming
What's Hot on Deadline
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'The Glass Castle' Review: Woody Harrelson Delivers Career-Best Performance In Touching True Family Story
Latest Film News
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor
- Eric Zumbrunnen Dies: Spike Jonze’s Go-To Film Editor Was 52
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’
- Olivia Colman, Alice Englert, Thomas Mann Set For ‘Them That Follow’
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?