The competition titles here in Berlin have so far failed to make much noise, but things may be picking up. Yesterday, there were cheers for Sebastian Lelio’s Chilean film Gloria, and today comes word that Cohen Media Group has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Emmanuelle Bercot’s competition entry Elle S’En Va (On My Way) ahead of its Friday screening. The comedic drama stars Catherine Deneuve as a former beauty pageant winner who’s now a restaurateur facing a failed relationship and a failing business, until one day she ups and hits the road on an adventure with her ten-year-old grandson. Elle Driver is handling worldwide sales on the picture written by Bercot and Jérôme Tonnerre and produced by Olivier Delbosc and Marc Missonnier. Last year, Cohen Media acquired Elle Driver’s opening night competition film here, Benôit Jacquot’s Farewell, My Queen. The On My Way deal was negotiated by Cohen Media’s Charles S. Cohen and Elle Driver’s Adeline Fontan Tessaur.
Berlin: Cohen Media Group Acquires Catherine Deneuve Pic ‘Elle S’En Va’ For U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Topher Grace Set To Play Pastor In Faith-Based ‘The Impossible’
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Could Earn Up To $423 Million In Compensation, Advisory Firm Says
- Wes Anderson’s ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Wins SXSW Audience Award In Headliners Section
- ‘Triple Frontier’ Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor’s Lineup
- Steven Spielberg Thanks Time’s Up For Creating A “Watershed Moment”
- First Look At Renée Zellweger As Judy Garland In Pathé, BBC Films Biopic