The competition titles here in Berlin have so far failed to make much noise, but things may be picking up. Yesterday, there were cheers for Sebastian Lelio’s Chilean film Gloria, and today comes word that Cohen Media Group has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Emmanuelle Bercot’s competition entry Elle S’En Va (On My Way) ahead of its Friday screening. The comedic drama stars Catherine Deneuve as a former beauty pageant winner who’s now a restaurateur facing a failed relationship and a failing business, until one day she ups and hits the road on an adventure with her ten-year-old grandson. Elle Driver is handling worldwide sales on the picture written by Bercot and Jérôme Tonnerre and produced by Olivier Delbosc and Marc Missonnier. Last year, Cohen Media acquired Elle Driver’s opening night competition film here, Benôit Jacquot’s Farewell, My Queen. The On My Way deal was negotiated by Cohen Media’s Charles S. Cohen and Elle Driver’s Adeline Fontan Tessaur.
Berlin: Cohen Media Group Acquires Catherine Deneuve Pic ‘Elle S’En Va’ For U.S.
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Potential 'Rupert' Actors Shunning Plum Role Fearing Murdoch, Play Producer Says
- Ethan Hawke To Play Chet Baker In Trumpeter Biopic 'Born To Be Blue' – AFM
- Global Showbiz Briefs: 'Top Gear' Hosts Attacked In Argentina Over License Plate; Samantha Glynne Named VP Branded Entertainment…
- Luc Besson's EuropaCorp Closes $450M Credit Facility, Triples Financing Ability
- Joshua Oppenheimer's 'The Look Of Silence' Documentary: Hot Trailer
- BAFTA Names Emma Baehr To New Director Of Awards Post