The competition titles here in Berlin have so far failed to make much noise, but things may be picking up. Yesterday, there were cheers for Sebastian Lelio’s Chilean film Gloria, and today comes word that Cohen Media Group has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Emmanuelle Bercot’s competition entry Elle S’En Va (On My Way) ahead of its Friday screening. The comedic drama stars Catherine Deneuve as a former beauty pageant winner who’s now a restaurateur facing a failed relationship and a failing business, until one day she ups and hits the road on an adventure with her ten-year-old grandson. Elle Driver is handling worldwide sales on the picture written by Bercot and Jérôme Tonnerre and produced by Olivier Delbosc and Marc Missonnier. Last year, Cohen Media acquired Elle Driver’s opening night competition film here, Benôit Jacquot’s Farewell, My Queen. The On My Way deal was negotiated by Cohen Media’s Charles S. Cohen and Elle Driver’s Adeline Fontan Tessaur.
Berlin: Cohen Media Group Acquires Catherine Deneuve Pic ‘Elle S’En Va’ For U.S.
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Intl Box Office Final: No. 1 Bragging Rights In China Too Close To Call As 'Storm,' 'Expendables 3′ And 'Apes' Fight It Out
- Patrice Théroux Exiting eOne; Steve Bertram Named President Global Film Group
- Netflix Launches In France With A New Partner — And A New Rival
- Intl Box Office FINAL: Blockbusters Strong O'Sea Led By 'Lucy', While U.S. B.O. Suffers
- 'X Factor UK' Drops On 2nd Saturday With Simon Cowell; Up Over 2013 Equivalent
- 'Doctor Who' Up In Week 3 On BBC1; Episode Is Latest To Be Edited For Content