The competition titles here in Berlin have so far failed to make much noise, but things may be picking up. Yesterday, there were cheers for Sebastian Lelio’s Chilean film Gloria, and today comes word that Cohen Media Group has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Emmanuelle Bercot’s competition entry Elle S’En Va (On My Way) ahead of its Friday screening. The comedic drama stars Catherine Deneuve as a former beauty pageant winner who’s now a restaurateur facing a failed relationship and a failing business, until one day she ups and hits the road on an adventure with her ten-year-old grandson. Elle Driver is handling worldwide sales on the picture written by Bercot and Jérôme Tonnerre and produced by Olivier Delbosc and Marc Missonnier. Last year, Cohen Media acquired Elle Driver’s opening night competition film here, Benôit Jacquot’s Farewell, My Queen. The On My Way deal was negotiated by Cohen Media’s Charles S. Cohen and Elle Driver’s Adeline Fontan Tessaur.
Berlin: Cohen Media Group Acquires Catherine Deneuve Pic ‘Elle S’En Va’ For U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend; Auds Give $11M & Thumb Down 'Caesar' - Saturday AM Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Paramount Lands 'Conquest'; Plan To Re-Team 'The Revenant's Leonardo DiCaprio And Scribe Mark L. Smith
Latest Film News
- Paramount Lands ‘Conquest’; Plan To Re-Team ‘The Revenant’s Leonardo DiCaprio And Scribe Mark…
- ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend; Auds Give $11M & Thumb Down ‘Caesar’ – Saturday…
- Diversity Debate Underscores 2016 NAACP Image Awards As Oscar Snubs Win Big
- The 2016 NAACP Image Awards Winners: ‘Creed’, ‘Black-Ish’ Clean Up While ‘Compton’ Wins…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Campaigns Turn Serious In The Race That Is TOO CLOSE TO CALL
- Ed Helms, Amanda Seyfried Lead Cast Of Comedy ‘The Clapper’