The competition titles here in Berlin have so far failed to make much noise, but things may be picking up. Yesterday, there were cheers for Sebastian Lelio’s Chilean film Gloria, and today comes word that Cohen Media Group has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Emmanuelle Bercot’s competition entry Elle S’En Va (On My Way) ahead of its Friday screening. The comedic drama stars Catherine Deneuve as a former beauty pageant winner who’s now a restaurateur facing a failed relationship and a failing business, until one day she ups and hits the road on an adventure with her ten-year-old grandson. Elle Driver is handling worldwide sales on the picture written by Bercot and Jérôme Tonnerre and produced by Olivier Delbosc and Marc Missonnier. Last year, Cohen Media acquired Elle Driver’s opening night competition film here, Benôit Jacquot’s Farewell, My Queen. The On My Way deal was negotiated by Cohen Media’s Charles S. Cohen and Elle Driver’s Adeline Fontan Tessaur.
Berlin: Cohen Media Group Acquires Catherine Deneuve Pic ‘Elle S’En Va’ For U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Berlin Briefs: The Works International Reps ‘Elstree 1976′; Content Media Searches ‘Deep Web'; Sierra/Affinity Visits…
- New President For eOne Films Canada; ‘Built By America Live’ Format Crossing Pond: Global Showbiz Briefs
- Sam Reid Makes Time For ‘2:22′ With Michiel Huisman, Teresa Palmer – Berlin
- Oscar Nominee ‘Ida’ Triggers Hate Debate In Poland, Pawel Pawlikowski Responds
- Noam Murro To Direct Black List Script ‘Blink’ For Atlas Independent – Berlin
- Rhys Ifans Engages In Jake Chapman’s ‘Marriage Of Reason And Squalor’ At Sky