The competition titles here in Berlin have so far failed to make much noise, but things may be picking up. Yesterday, there were cheers for Sebastian Lelio’s Chilean film Gloria, and today comes word that Cohen Media Group has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Emmanuelle Bercot’s competition entry Elle S’En Va (On My Way) ahead of its Friday screening. The comedic drama stars Catherine Deneuve as a former beauty pageant winner who’s now a restaurateur facing a failed relationship and a failing business, until one day she ups and hits the road on an adventure with her ten-year-old grandson. Elle Driver is handling worldwide sales on the picture written by Bercot and Jérôme Tonnerre and produced by Olivier Delbosc and Marc Missonnier. Last year, Cohen Media acquired Elle Driver’s opening night competition film here, Benôit Jacquot’s Farewell, My Queen. The On My Way deal was negotiated by Cohen Media’s Charles S. Cohen and Elle Driver’s Adeline Fontan Tessaur.
Berlin: Cohen Media Group Acquires Catherine Deneuve Pic ‘Elle S’En Va’ For U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
Latest Film News
- Indie Producer Big Beach Opens L.A. Outpost
- ‘Shallow Hal’ Actor Joshua Shintani Dead At 32
- Christmas Pic ’12/24′ Moves Forward With ZAG Joining 1492 & Ocean Blue
- Deadline’s The Contenders: Saoirse Ronan & Director John Crowley On How ‘Brooklyn’ Became A Personal Movie For…
- ‘Frat Pack’ Producers Say Cast & Crew Have Been Paid After Delay – Updated
- Christopher McQuarrie Accepts ‘Mission: Impossible 6’