The competition titles here in Berlin have so far failed to make much noise, but things may be picking up. Yesterday, there were cheers for Sebastian Lelio’s Chilean film Gloria, and today comes word that Cohen Media Group has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Emmanuelle Bercot’s competition entry Elle S’En Va (On My Way) ahead of its Friday screening. The comedic drama stars Catherine Deneuve as a former beauty pageant winner who’s now a restaurateur facing a failed relationship and a failing business, until one day she ups and hits the road on an adventure with her ten-year-old grandson. Elle Driver is handling worldwide sales on the picture written by Bercot and Jérôme Tonnerre and produced by Olivier Delbosc and Marc Missonnier. Last year, Cohen Media acquired Elle Driver’s opening night competition film here, Benôit Jacquot’s Farewell, My Queen. The On My Way deal was negotiated by Cohen Media’s Charles S. Cohen and Elle Driver’s Adeline Fontan Tessaur.
Berlin: Cohen Media Group Acquires Catherine Deneuve Pic ‘Elle S’En Va’ For U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
‘The Man In The High Castle’ EP Frank Spotnitz Addresses Stepping Down As Showrunner From Amazon Series
Latest Film News
- Palm Springs Film Festival Sets 2017 Dates; Gravitas Acquires ‘Cardinal Matter’
- Pennsylvania Man Pleads Guilty to Hacking Celebrity Computers
- ‘Collide’ Trailer: Felicity Jones & Nicholas Hoult Rev Engines For August Bow
- Adam Sandler & Happy Madison Set Family Animated Feature At STX
- Simon Pegg & Mike Myers Join Feature Thriller ‘Terminal’
- Oscilloscope Acquires Cannes Critics’ Week Pic ‘One Week And A Day’; FilmRise Gets Dose Of ‘The Sunshine Makers…