Discovery and former Man Vs. Wild host Bear Grylls parted ways in 2012 over a programming disagreement, but bygones would appear to be bygones. Discovery Networks International says the survival expert will return to the overseas fold with new series, Bear Grylls: Ultimate Survivors. The six-part hourlong show will air on the Discovery Channel in 217 international markets across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin America. Ultimate Survivors sees Grylls chronicle incredible stories of ordinary people stranded in dire situations. He’ll then pit himself against the same dangers and scenarios. Grylls said he was “super excited to be working with Discovery again” and Discovery returned the compliment: “We are thrilled to welcome Bear back to the Discovery fold,” said DNI chief content officer and EVP Luis Silberwasser. The show is produced for DNI by Discovery’s betty TV. Sarah Davies is executive producer for DNI, and Neil Smith exec produces for betty.
Bear Grylls Returns To Discovery With ‘Ultimate Survivors’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Tartaglione
- Aamir Khan's 'PK' Bests His 'Dhoom 3′ In Record U.S. Bow For Bollywood (Video)
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3