Discovery and former Man Vs. Wild host Bear Grylls parted ways in 2012 over a programming disagreement, but bygones would appear to be bygones. Discovery Networks International says the survival expert will return to the overseas fold with new series, Bear Grylls: Ultimate Survivors. The six-part hourlong show will air on the Discovery Channel in 217 international markets across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin America. Ultimate Survivors sees Grylls chronicle incredible stories of ordinary people stranded in dire situations. He’ll then pit himself against the same dangers and scenarios. Grylls said he was “super excited to be working with Discovery again” and Discovery returned the compliment: “We are thrilled to welcome Bear back to the Discovery fold,” said DNI chief content officer and EVP Luis Silberwasser. The show is produced for DNI by Discovery’s betty TV. Sarah Davies is executive producer for DNI, and Neil Smith exec produces for betty.
Bear Grylls Returns To Discovery With ‘Ultimate Survivors’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest International News
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International Box…
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- ‘Justice League’ Rises To $70.7M Through Friday At International Box Office
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Warner Bros Launches China Exchange Program With Casting, Management Focus
- ‘White Sun’ EP Danny Glover On The Hope Children Bring For The Future Of The Political Process