Discovery and former Man Vs. Wild host Bear Grylls parted ways in 2012 over a programming disagreement, but bygones would appear to be bygones. Discovery Networks International says the survival expert will return to the overseas fold with new series, Bear Grylls: Ultimate Survivors. The six-part hourlong show will air on the Discovery Channel in 217 international markets across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin America. Ultimate Survivors sees Grylls chronicle incredible stories of ordinary people stranded in dire situations. He’ll then pit himself against the same dangers and scenarios. Grylls said he was “super excited to be working with Discovery again” and Discovery returned the compliment: “We are thrilled to welcome Bear back to the Discovery fold,” said DNI chief content officer and EVP Luis Silberwasser. The show is produced for DNI by Discovery’s betty TV. Sarah Davies is executive producer for DNI, and Neil Smith exec produces for betty.
Bear Grylls Returns To Discovery With ‘Ultimate Survivors’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest International News
- ‘Star Wars’ An Art House Movie? Some French Exhibs Think So, Stoking Indie Producers’ Ire
- Archery Pictures Rolls With Fiona Cummins’ Hot Book ‘Rattle’
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- 'The Martian' Closing In On $500M Global: How Fox Marketers Brought Ridley Scott’s Cool Science To The Masses
- ‘Spanish Affairs 2’ Is Latest In Euro Culture-Clash Smashes, So Why No Hwd Remakes? – Intl B.O. Postmortem
- Chiwetel Ejiofor To Receive BIFA’s Richard Harris Award