Discovery and former Man Vs. Wild host Bear Grylls parted ways in 2012 over a programming disagreement, but bygones would appear to be bygones. Discovery Networks International says the survival expert will return to the overseas fold with new series, Bear Grylls: Ultimate Survivors. The six-part hourlong show will air on the Discovery Channel in 217 international markets across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin America. Ultimate Survivors sees Grylls chronicle incredible stories of ordinary people stranded in dire situations. He’ll then pit himself against the same dangers and scenarios. Grylls said he was “super excited to be working with Discovery again” and Discovery returned the compliment: “We are thrilled to welcome Bear back to the Discovery fold,” said DNI chief content officer and EVP Luis Silberwasser. The show is produced for DNI by Discovery’s betty TV. Sarah Davies is executive producer for DNI, and Neil Smith exec produces for betty.
Bear Grylls Returns To Discovery With ‘Ultimate Survivors’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…