The Art Directors Guild (IATSE Local 800) said today the first-ever program will kick off Monday. The ADG’s Art Directors Council, headed by Jack Fisk, John Iacovelli, and Thomas A. Walsh, created the initiative to match aspiring production designers and art directors with professional guild mentors. Participants selected from college, university, and recent graduate applicants will receive workplace training in film, episodic TV, reality TV, commercial, live event, and theme park art direction. After training for a required minimum of 260 work days, ADG apprentices may be eligible to join the organization with the title of Assistant Art Director.
Art Directors Guild Launches Apprenticeship Program
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories