The Art Directors Guild (IATSE Local 800) said today the first-ever program will kick off Monday. The ADG’s Art Directors Council, headed by Jack Fisk, John Iacovelli, and Thomas A. Walsh, created the initiative to match aspiring production designers and art directors with professional guild mentors. Participants selected from college, university, and recent graduate applicants will receive workplace training in film, episodic TV, reality TV, commercial, live event, and theme park art direction. After training for a required minimum of 260 work days, ADG apprentices may be eligible to join the organization with the title of Assistant Art Director.
Art Directors Guild Launches Apprenticeship Program
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…