The Art Directors Guild (IATSE Local 800) said today the first-ever program will kick off Monday. The ADG’s Art Directors Council, headed by Jack Fisk, John Iacovelli, and Thomas A. Walsh, created the initiative to match aspiring production designers and art directors with professional guild mentors. Participants selected from college, university, and recent graduate applicants will receive workplace training in film, episodic TV, reality TV, commercial, live event, and theme park art direction. After training for a required minimum of 260 work days, ADG apprentices may be eligible to join the organization with the title of Assistant Art Director.
Art Directors Guild Launches Apprenticeship Program
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast
- Academy Unveils 2014 Governors Awards: Harry Belafonte, Jean-Claude Carrière, Hayao Miyazaki, Maureen O'Hara