Ari Graynor (For A Good Time Call) will play the lead in Bad Teacher, CBS‘ single-camera comedy series adaptation of the hit 2011 movie. Written by Hilary Winston, directed by Don Scardino and produced by the film’s writers-producers Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, the pilot centers on hot, confident, unapologetic former trophy wife Meredith Davis (Graynor) who becomes a teacher to find a new man after her husband leaves her without a dime. A smart and savvy survivor, she sets her sights on a teaching career when she hears there are a lot of rich single dads at a local middle school. Meredith Davis knows what she wants and more importantly, how to get it. The role was played by Cameron Diaz in the movie. In addition to starring, Graynor will also serve as a producer on the pilot where she joins previously cast David Alan Grier. Graynor, repped by UTA, Principal Entertainment and Jamie Feldman, recurred on Fox’s Fringe.
Ari Graynor Set As The Lead In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Bad Teacher’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'