Ari Graynor (For A Good Time Call) will play the lead in Bad Teacher, CBS‘ single-camera comedy series adaptation of the hit 2011 movie. Written by Hilary Winston, directed by Don Scardino and produced by the film’s writers-producers Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, the pilot centers on hot, confident, unapologetic former trophy wife Meredith Davis (Graynor) who becomes a teacher to find a new man after her husband leaves her without a dime. A smart and savvy survivor, she sets her sights on a teaching career when she hears there are a lot of rich single dads at a local middle school. Meredith Davis knows what she wants and more importantly, how to get it. The role was played by Cameron Diaz in the movie. In addition to starring, Graynor will also serve as a producer on the pilot where she joins previously cast David Alan Grier. Graynor, repped by UTA, Principal Entertainment and Jamie Feldman, recurred on Fox’s Fringe.
Ari Graynor Set As The Lead In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Bad Teacher’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'