Ari Graynor (For A Good Time Call) will play the lead in Bad Teacher, CBS‘ single-camera comedy series adaptation of the hit 2011 movie. Written by Hilary Winston, directed by Don Scardino and produced by the film’s writers-producers Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, the pilot centers on hot, confident, unapologetic former trophy wife Meredith Davis (Graynor) who becomes a teacher to find a new man after her husband leaves her without a dime. A smart and savvy survivor, she sets her sights on a teaching career when she hears there are a lot of rich single dads at a local middle school. Meredith Davis knows what she wants and more importantly, how to get it. The role was played by Cameron Diaz in the movie. In addition to starring, Graynor will also serve as a producer on the pilot where she joins previously cast David Alan Grier. Graynor, repped by UTA, Principal Entertainment and Jamie Feldman, recurred on Fox’s Fringe.
Ari Graynor Set As The Lead In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Bad Teacher’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two
- ‘The Blacklist’ Adds Leon Rippy; Phylicia Rashad Joins ‘Empire’
- EveryWhere Studios Taps Julia Eisenman As SVP Development
- NBC Buys Cop Family Drama From Nkechi Carroll & Matt Reeves As Put Pilot
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…