Ari Graynor (For A Good Time Call) will play the lead in Bad Teacher, CBS‘ single-camera comedy series adaptation of the hit 2011 movie. Written by Hilary Winston, directed by Don Scardino and produced by the film’s writers-producers Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, the pilot centers on hot, confident, unapologetic former trophy wife Meredith Davis (Graynor) who becomes a teacher to find a new man after her husband leaves her without a dime. A smart and savvy survivor, she sets her sights on a teaching career when she hears there are a lot of rich single dads at a local middle school. Meredith Davis knows what she wants and more importantly, how to get it. The role was played by Cameron Diaz in the movie. In addition to starring, Graynor will also serve as a producer on the pilot where she joins previously cast David Alan Grier. Graynor, repped by UTA, Principal Entertainment and Jamie Feldman, recurred on Fox’s Fringe.
Ari Graynor Set As The Lead In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Bad Teacher’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Fusion Exposes Global Food Truths In Lightbox-Produced Doc Series
- Mam Tor, Bad Wolf & Ecosse Thrillers Top Inaugural Brit List: TV
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot