After making her studio feature debut in the Oscar-nominated Argo, Iranian-American actress Sheila Vand has landed her first series regular role — the female lead opposite Brandon T. Jackson in the CBS drama pilot Beverly Hills Cop. The project, written by Shawn Ryan and directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, is a continuation of the movie franchise and centers on Axel Foley’s police officer son Aaron (Brandon T. Jackson), who takes down the criminal elements of the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Vand will play Leila, a Beverly Hills detective who gave up a life of privilege for one of independence. The role was written as Persian, which is appropriate since Iranian-Americans now represent more than 20% of the population of Beverly Hills where a recent Mayor was Iranian-born. Kevin Pollak and David Denman co-star in the Sony TV pilot, with Eddie Murphy set to reprise his role as Axel in a guest starring stint. Murphy, Ryan and Marney Hochman executive produce.
‘Argo’s Sheila Vand To Play Female Lead In CBS’ ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 80+ Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'Suits' Spinoff Starring Gina Torres To Be Introduced In 'Suits' Season 7 Finale, Will Be About Chicago Politics
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures TV Studios Names Jeffrey Glaser Head Of Current; Kim Rozenfeld Poised To Go To Apple
- ‘This Is Us’ Makeup Artist Zoe Hay On Finding The Right Approach To Subtle Aging Makeup
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?
- Freeform Sets Cast For Christmas Movie ‘Angry Angel’ As Production Begins
- ‘Galaxy Quest’ TV Series Back On Launchpad At Amazon With Paul Scheer Writing
- Conan O’Brien Offers To Help Jared Kushner Broker Middle East Solution, Announces Israel Road Trip