EXCLUSIVE: Actress/writer Annie Mumolo is set as the lead in ABC‘s comedy pilot Middle Age Rage. Written by Cheryl Holliday, Middle Age Rage chronicles what happens when Carol (Mumolo), a middle-aged wife and mother, is fed up with feeling invisible and begins to speak up and demand the respect she feels she’s earned. Holliday and showrunner Stacy Traub executive produce with Amblin TV’s Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey for ABC Studios. Mumolo is best known for co-writing with Kristen Wiig the 2011 blockbuster comedy Bridesmaids, which earned the duo an Oscar nomination. As an actress, she was recently seen in another project dealing with middle-age crisis, Judd Apatow’s movie This Is 40, and in Jill Soloway’s Afternoon Delight, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival.
Annie Mumolo To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Middle Age Rage’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over