EXCLUSIVE: Actress/writer Annie Mumolo is set as the lead in ABC‘s comedy pilot Middle Age Rage. Written by Cheryl Holliday, Middle Age Rage chronicles what happens when Carol (Mumolo), a middle-aged wife and mother, is fed up with feeling invisible and begins to speak up and demand the respect she feels she’s earned. Holliday and showrunner Stacy Traub executive produce with Amblin TV’s Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey for ABC Studios. Mumolo is best known for co-writing with Kristen Wiig the 2011 blockbuster comedy Bridesmaids, which earned the duo an Oscar nomination. As an actress, she was recently seen in another project dealing with middle-age crisis, Judd Apatow’s movie This Is 40, and in Jill Soloway’s Afternoon Delight, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival.
Annie Mumolo To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Middle Age Rage’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled By ABC
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'