EXCLUSIVE: Actress/writer Annie Mumolo is set as the lead in ABC‘s comedy pilot Middle Age Rage. Written by Cheryl Holliday, Middle Age Rage chronicles what happens when Carol (Mumolo), a middle-aged wife and mother, is fed up with feeling invisible and begins to speak up and demand the respect she feels she’s earned. Holliday and showrunner Stacy Traub executive produce with Amblin TV’s Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey for ABC Studios. Mumolo is best known for co-writing with Kristen Wiig the 2011 blockbuster comedy Bridesmaids, which earned the duo an Oscar nomination. As an actress, she was recently seen in another project dealing with middle-age crisis, Judd Apatow’s movie This Is 40, and in Jill Soloway’s Afternoon Delight, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival.
Annie Mumolo To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Middle Age Rage’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sarah Silverman To Star In HBO Pilot From 'Secret Diary Of a Call Girl' Creator
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations