EXCLUSIVE: Actress/writer Annie Mumolo is set as the lead in ABC‘s comedy pilot Middle Age Rage. Written by Cheryl Holliday, Middle Age Rage chronicles what happens when Carol (Mumolo), a middle-aged wife and mother, is fed up with feeling invisible and begins to speak up and demand the respect she feels she’s earned. Holliday and showrunner Stacy Traub executive produce with Amblin TV’s Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey for ABC Studios. Mumolo is best known for co-writing with Kristen Wiig the 2011 blockbuster comedy Bridesmaids, which earned the duo an Oscar nomination. As an actress, she was recently seen in another project dealing with middle-age crisis, Judd Apatow’s movie This Is 40, and in Jill Soloway’s Afternoon Delight, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival.
Annie Mumolo To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Middle Age Rage’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres