EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has put in development River Dogs, a comedy written, executive produced by and starring actress-comedian Andrea Savage (Dinner For Schmucks). Produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay’s Gary Sanchez Prods, River Dogs follows an odd group of young poker pros who are dying to prove to the world that they are legitimate “athletes,” but the very thing that makes them great at poker makes them totally awkward in real life. The project reunites Savage with Gary Sanchez — she is probably best known for her role in the company’s comedy feature Step Brothers. Savage, repped by UTA and Mosaic, sold a comedy project to ABC through Sony TV and Fanfare earlier this season and will next be seen in You’re Not You opposite Hilary Swank and Emmy Rossum.
Andrea Savage To Create & Star In Comedy Central Project Produced By Gary Sanchez
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'